Got cat spayed 4 days ago and the incision doesn't look great

Popillia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my 6 month old kitten spayed recently. It had dry blood all around it, was swollen looking, and it felt hot to the touch on day 3 so I brought her to the vet and he said it looked perfect. More blood appeared today and the lump above the incision is bigger. Is she fine?

My vet also claimed that cats only go into heat once a month. I'm pretty darn positive that's wrong. He got kinda angry at me for doubting him and saying that it's every 2 to 3 weeks. If he is wrong, should I be worried that I got a vet with limited cat knowledge to spay my kitten?

The incision (sorry for the bad photo, hard to get one with her pajama e-collar on)
https://i.postimg.cc/zBswMHd8/PXL-20210423-175859066-MP.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks ok, no redness or anything. Not a tidy suture job but not the worst. If you give her a few minutes without her e-collar on (supervised), she'll clean it up a bit and it'll look better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Popillia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks ok, no redness or anything. Not a tidy suture job but not the worst. If you give her a few minutes without her e-collar on (supervised), she'll clean it up a bit and it'll look better.
Is the constant sleeping okay? She's normally very active 🥺