Got a job- THE job

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I've missed y'all!
So I know I've been MIA. Been crazy busy job hunting and wedding planning (6 weeks to go!).
I was also in a depression over losing my job and the difficulties that ensued. Thankfully, that all has changed. This past Monday, I was offered the job of my dreams! Starting July 31st, I am the new Judicial Case Manager for State Court, Criminal Division. I could not be more excited! I'll get to work in the courthouse full-time and, what's even better, is that the position is with the county. It'll be darn near impossible for them to get rid of me. I am so excited to truly be starting a CAREER somewhere! People that work in our county system stay there for life and that's what I've really been after. The benefits don't hurt either
I wanted to thank everyone for all of the prayers and vibes that've been sent my way throughout this ordeal. Took some time, but it all worked out for the best!

On another note, the kitties are doing well. Eppie is overcoming a UTI, but other than that all is sweet in our home!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats!
I lived just outside of Savannah while I was going to college (at GSU) and I can vouch that the job you landed is pretty fabulous. Such a wonderful area. My mom has worked in the court system in northern GA my entire life. I think you're going to love it.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey was wondering how you were!

I'm so glad to hear everything has turned up for you and you've got your job!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Amy!
We've missed you and the girls! Congrats on your new job! It sounds like an awesome opportunity for you!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Amy! So nice to see you back!

I'm so incredibly happy that you got THE job!

Congratulations!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it and I've REALLY missed all of you!!!
Emily, my fiancè is a GSU alum as well

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Amy, I am so happy you found yourself the job of your dreams!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Speaking of which, is Bradley at the same job?

Now I have to yell! Don't you dare stay aware again because you were depressed. We would have cheered you right back up and given you the pep talks you needed!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on the job!!

Is this job very different from the last one, or is sort of the same so you don't have too much new sstuff to learn?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See good things come to those who wait!!!!!
Congratulations!!!
I was wondering what was going on with you.
How are the fish doing???
Congrats again as I'm happy for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

To answer your question Karen- yup, Bradley is still captaining an offshore fishing boat and is doing QUITE well. In fact, he has run more trips so far this year than any other captain on Tybee Island, which is a great accomplishment for his first full season as a captain
. That's the only way I've afforded to be unemployed for over 3 months!
White cat lover- my previous work experience was in social work, but I spent so much time at the courthouse with clients that I am very familiar with the job duties. Also, my bachelor's is in criminal justice and I'm working on a masters in Public Administration, which both aid in the job.
Gail- unfortunately, our second seahorse, Smarty Jones, died about a month ago
. I just cried and cried and cried. However, we have some new additions- a psychadelic goby (he's gorgeous!) named Hippie and an unnamed shrimp goby. I'll try posting some pictures soon!
I'VE MISSED Y'ALL!!!