Goodnight my sweet girl

poppysmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to say that I lost my darling Poppy aged 13 years 8 months 11 days ago. She had starting leaving little spots of urine where she was lying but no blood through it. Thought it was an infection but when she was examined a tumour was found in her uterus which had spread to her bladder and I had to let her go while she was still under anaesthetic. Total shock as there were no other signs she was so ill. Brought her home and had her privately cremated and having a ring made with her ashes. Miss her so much but couldn't have her in pain.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to say that I lost my darling Poppy aged 13 years 8 months 11 days ago. She had starting leaving little spots of urine where she was lying but no blood through it. Thought it was an infection but when she was examined a tumour was found in her uterus which had spread to her bladder and I had to let her go while she was still under anaesthetic. Total shock as there were no other signs she was so ill. Brought her home and had her privately cremated and having a ring made with her ashes. Miss her so much but couldn't have her in pain.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Letting her go was the most selfless thing you could have done. She's free now and will never be in pain again. You will meet again one day when the time is right and she'll be just as happy to see you as you will be to see her. 

RIP sweet Poppy 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one can stand by and let a loved one suffer if it can be at all avoided, you gave your little girl peace instead of a future full of certain pain and suffering. You both shared almost 14 years of love and devotion, no one can take your precious memories from you, I pray they comfort you in the years ahead. She left you her legacy of love to hold in your heart until you can share it once again. The pain can take your breathe away, but time will soften the agony and one day you will smile at her memory instead of having the tears fall. Surround yourself with people who understand your pain, grief shared is grief halved. Her earthly remains will be close to you in that special ring, but her 'essence' will be with you always in your heart and soul. Take care of yourself........RIP Poppy, the heavens gained a beautiful star with your passing, but the earth is a little dimmer without you in it!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss.  Please take comfort that you did what was best for Poppy when she needed you most.  Bless you.

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Poppy'smommy, I am so very sorry. No amount of time with our fur babies is ever enough and we miss them terribly when they are gone. You did the right thing for her and I know she would be so grateful to you for that. Thinking of you.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss and please take care...

Rest in peace dear Poppy...

(((hugs)))

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry for  your loss.  Knowing that they continue on, and that the love never dies is only a small comfort when we long for the sweet, boneless weight of them in our laps.  My thoughts go with you.