Goodbye, sweet Rico

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We lost our boy Rico on Thursday. We got the devastating news that he had masses in his abdomen and other things going on that he wouldn't survive. We didn't want him to face a painful death at home over several days, and we made the hard decision to have him put to sleep.

We brought Rico home from the SPCA with his sister Zoe 10 years ago, and then got Ozzy a few months later. We called them the 3 Amigos. They played, ate, and napped together their whole lives, and I know Ozzy and Zoe will miss Rico, too. Rico was the most vocal and rambunctious of the three of them. The house sure is quiet without him.

We called him our Dennis the Menace cat because he was always finding some trouble to get into.
IMG_3061.jpeg

His favorite way to sleep
IMG_3526.jpeg

Handsome boy
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 9.18.20 AM.png

Pretending to be a ferocious panther
Rico panther.jpeg

The 3 Amigos--Ozzy, Rico, and Zoe
IMG_5331.jpeg

Rest in peace, little man. We miss you so much. 💔

Rico (Monkey) 09/10/09 - 04/09/20

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I came on here at 1:45 in the morning, had to go to the bathroom so I figured I would click to help things on www.greatergood.com as you can now click every 6 hours because of this plague, and I looked on here and saw this and my heart dropped, look at my avatar picture and you'll know why.....

I am so sorry that you lost that beautiful tuxedo, but he is fine now, no more issues, and when you meet again it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry this happened, I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. It was a shock. We knew he was sick but not that he had so many things going on internally. Poor baby. I'll miss him so much. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you..... I hope you can use your precious memories for comfort and know you gave that beautiful boy his everything. The bond of love you formed will tie your souls together for eternity, nothing is strong enough to break that tie, not even death. "Death cannot take that which never dies."
He shared your life's journey fro a little while, the new path he follows will forever parallel your own. He will be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
Know I will keep you both in my prayers, for him to be remembered and mourned is a great honor, he will now be mourned over by many, take care.....RIP beautiful Rico. You will always be missed, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

southernbama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry, I too had to put my cat down 4/17/2020 and know how much it hurts. Mine had a mass show up on her should about a month ago but we thought it was something else. She had cancer and it had attached to her scalpula and spread to her bone marrow and made her extremely anemic. She was 15.