Goodbye My Prince

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mashkasheli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sheleg. Its been a month today. I want you back. I need you back my prince.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mashkasheli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night my vet messaged me to say he would be in the area and asked if he could pop by for a visit. I was very excited because I had not seen him since Sheleg passed a month ago. I was so used to seeing him twice a week at home for about the last few months and once a week at least the past year. And he has been my vet for about 4 years. My vet is a lovely, sensitive man (I only wish he was single!! :insertevillaugh:) He has a very sweet wife, 4 beautiful children, 4 dogs and a cat. And he has become a good friend to me. Since Sheleg passed I felt like I had lost not only my best friend, but a friend too.

My vet came to have coffee and I gave him the gift I had made for him, the mug with pictures of Sheleg from when he was healthy and the wording, "Wolrd's Best Vet". I think he was quite touched and I hope he will use it and think of Sheleg.

Last night we spoke a little about Sheleg and he noticed that I had not moved Sheleg's belongings. His blankets, his bed, his food bowls. He said it was totally natural and of course it would take time and that I am not crazy. And then he said the most beautiful thing. He told me that he had gotten so attached to Sheleg , that he couldn't show me, but when he put Sheleg to sleep he cried. I was very moved. He had also grown attached to Sheleg. I spoke to him about my guilt that I still have and he calmed me and said that every time he used to come and treat Sheleg I would ask him if it was time, and he always answered that when he felt it was time he would be honest with me and let me know. That he would not let Sheleg suffer. And he told me that on the 3rd of December, he felt that Sheleg's quality of life had deteriorated so badly and he had started to suffer. And that it was absolutely time. He told me that if I had insisted on carrying on giving patch up treatments every day Sheleg would be in pain all the time and it would be egotistical and selfish of me to keep him suffering and living like that. My very worst fear had come true. My very worst fear was always what I would do if I lost Sheleg. And it is more agonizing than I could ever have imagined.

I agree with my vet though, and although I miss my prince so much, I know it was a privilege for me to have had the choice to stop his suffering. I know I will still have twinges of guilt, but I know my boy is at peace. I know that I have an honest, amazing vet, and friend who I can count on, and all in all I am blessed.

Sheleg, my lovely Prince, you are loved and missed my angel. I hope you are in a place where you are in no pain, and that I did do the right thing for you. All I wanted was for you to leave with out too much pain, and I hated to see you suffer and fade away.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night my vet messaged me to say he would be in the area and asked if he could pop by for a visit. I was very excited because I had not seen him since Sheleg passed a month ago. I was so used to seeing him twice a week at home for about the last few months and once a week at least the past year. And he has been my vet for about 4 years. My vet is a lovely, sensitive man (I only wish he was single!! :insertevillaugh:) He has a very sweet wife, 4 beautiful children, 4 dogs and a cat. And he has become a good friend to me. Since Sheleg passed I felt like I had lost not only my best friend, but a friend too.

My vet came to have coffee and I gave him the gift I had made for him, the mug with pictures of Sheleg from when he was healthy and the wording, "Wolrd's Best Vet". I think he was quite touched and I hope he will use it and think of Sheleg.

Last night we spoke a little about Sheleg and he noticed that I had not moved Sheleg's belongings. His blankets, his bed, his food bowls. He said it was totally natural and of course it would take time and that I am not crazy. And then he said the most beautiful thing. He told me that he had gotten so attached to Sheleg , that he couldn't show me, but when he put Sheleg to sleep he cried. I was very moved. He had also grown attached to Sheleg. I spoke to him about my guilt that I still have and he calmed me and said that every time he used to come and treat Sheleg I would ask him if it was time, and he always answered that when he felt it was time he would be honest with me and let me know. That he would not let Sheleg suffer. And he told me that on the 3rd of December, he felt that Sheleg's quality of life had deteriorated so badly and he had started to suffer. And that it was absolutely time. He told me that if I had insisted on carrying on giving patch up treatments every day Sheleg would be in pain all the time and it would be egotistical and selfish of me to keep him suffering and living like that. My very worst fear had come true. My very worst fear was always what I would do if I lost Sheleg. And it is more agonizing than I could ever have imagined.

I agree with my vet though, and although I miss my prince so much, I know it was a privilege for me to have had the choice to stop his suffering. I know I will still have twinges of guilt, but I know my boy is at peace. I know that I have an honest, amazing vet, and friend who I can count on, and all in all I am blessed.

Sheleg, my lovely Prince, you are loved and missed my angel. I hope you are in a place where you are in no pain, and that I did do the right thing for you. All I wanted was for you to leave with out too much pain, and I hated to see you suffer and fade away.
:alright::grouphug::grouphug2: Sometimes the greatest love we can show them is to save them from pain and fear no matter how much it tears our heart. He will watch over you all and will meet you at the Rainbow bridge someday.
20211127_213504.jpg
20220121_003810.jpg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Zorro -who looks a bit like Sheleg’s lost little brother- is leaning up against my iPad and rubbing on it, sending all his love along w/ mine through the ether. Some cats are definitely soul mates & tho the pain will take time to ease your connection is a forever one.