Goodbye My Darling Catdaddy

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This afternoon I said goodbye to my first ever cat, Catdaddy or Cyber. I remember I begged and begged for a cat when I was eleven. I begged my mother, and she finally caved. I found him on the ASPCA website and IMMEDIATELY fell in love. I went to pick him up, and he was mine. He had this beautiful spot on his head, and we would always call him a dirty snowball. Because he was pure white with only a couple of spots. I remember being a pre-teen and whispering secrets in his ear so that no one else knew. When I cried, we would snuggle up. He made my childhood great, and he taught me so much responsibility at a young age. We had our ups and downs, but he made me smile so much. He got along so well with my kitten when I got her, he adored her. He was always in my business when it came to ice cream. And he always begged for pieces of Turkey when I made my sandwiches. He was my first pet and my first love. My first furry child. It hurt my soul to have to make the decision to put him down. When I saw his little perfect pink nose turn pale, my heart immediately broke into pieces. I whispered how much I loved him as he crossed the rainbow bridge today. I held him so close to me. It just felt like a piece of me died along with him. I already miss him so much already, it just feels so strange after 15 years, he's just gone. I love you, Catdaddy. Mommy loves you so so much. I hope I see you in the afterlife, I'm gonna spoil you so much.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He can feel your love, his new path will forever follow yours. You gave him 15 years of what he wanted the most in life, your love, so he is content. He is a part of your soul now, his life force is intertwined with yours because of the bond of love you formed over those years. He will be held securely for eternity in that special place in your heart.
You know that special little boy, who loved you so, would want you to go on and honor his love by finding happiness and love once again in your life. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. Don't dwell on his end, don't let that take over the beauty of his love that he gave you for so many years. That love is much more important.
It is hard....so hard to learn a new life's order without them in it. But by using your wonderful memories and the comfort he sends your way it will be done in time. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the pain of a broken heart. Take one day at a time, and when the sadness overtakes you,remember that sweet little 'dirty snowball' can feel that sadness and wants more than anything to help you get through it. So think of better times and know he is near.
My heart goes out to you. I know how much this hurts. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, it helps to have someone acknowledge your pain and send a shoulder to cry on once in a while to help you go forward. We here at this forum understand that pain because we have been there too, and know it helps to talk about your little one and give a tribute to honor their name. There is no greater love than a love that bonds the two souls together for eternity.
Take care of yourself, Catdaddy will send whatever comfort he can your way, your paths will cross once more in the future, for now he dwells in your heart. RIP sweet Catdaddy. You will never be forgotten, the precious memories of your life will be kept safe with the one you love. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your kitty sounds amazing and I am sure kitty was happy to have you take such good care of him. Rest in Peace Catdaddy

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your little friend, that is such a touching love story, you and he had great times together and made memories that no one can steal away. He is just fine now and you WILL see him again someday and it will be wonderful.

"Death brings heartache that no human can heal, but love makes memories that no one can steal".

He is just fine now, he had a wonderful life with you and did not want to leave but had to move on to his next life.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your kind words, it made me cry all over again. I feel so much love for my baby, I won't ever forget how much he meant to me. I will make sure his memory stays with me forever. He made such an impact on me and my family. We all will miss him so very much.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a sweet tribute to a wonderful and well-loved companion. I'm so sorry. It's devastating to lose them, especially when they've been such a big part of your life. My thoughts are with you. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Catdaddy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your Mommy's heart forever.

I know how badly this hurts. And it will take time to get through it (no, we don't "get over," we "get through." Someday, one day, the memories will bring more smiles than pain, I promise. Love never dies, you know, it simple changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. Catdaddy is with you still, and will be with you forever.

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a sweet tribute to a wonderful and well-loved companion. I'm so sorry. It's devastating to lose them, especially when they've been such a big part of your life. My thoughts are with you. :rbheart:
Thank you. Every day gets easier.

SusieCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Catdaddy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your Mommy's heart forever.

I know how badly this hurts. And it will take time to get through it (no, we don't "get over," we "get through." Someday, one day, the memories will bring more smiles than pain, I promise. Love never dies, you know, it simple changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. Catdaddy is with you still, and will be with you forever.
He truly is with me ♡ I love him so much, so I know He will always be there with me. Hopefully I will smile more than I cry.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely life he must have had with you. He's so lucky that you chose him and took him home. I know you miss him, but you'll never forget him and he's helped to make you the person you are.

That's just about the best thing a cat could hope for in life.

:hugs: