goodbye kermit untill we meet again

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hello my friends,
sad news we loss kermit today we had to have kermit put to sleep he had cancer in the throat and feline lukemia kermit came to live with us a few months ago he lived a short life but was loved by husband.
my husband is really upset about this he came home crying we are so sad here ron found kermit living under a trailer kermit was skin and bones when we found him the short life that kermit lived im sure he knew he was loved the sad thing about all of this is i told ron to take the cat to the vet cause he wasn't acting right he started loosing weight and his eyes were glasses and we knew something was wrong but didn't know what cause when kermit would cry its sounded so strange but we had no idea it was cancer i thought ron was going to take the cat down and get his shots and everything would be ok but the vet said it was best to put him down cause he was so sick
And if we didn't have all the other pets kermit could of maybe lived in the house its the what if i did this what if that im really trying to help my husband understand this

he thinks hes not a man anymore cause of crying over a cat i told him that means you have a heart and your very caring its alright to cry

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorrry for your family, This is not the kind of thing I like to read at the start of the day, My Heart goes out to you, and you will be in my thoughts,

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

My condolences to you and your family on the passing of dear beloved Kermit.

May Kermit RIP.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a pretty boy! I am glad that he landed somewhere with people who could show him what caring and love is all about. Sometimes, I think God sends us these furry sentient beings so we can be their spirit guide to another life. And it doesn't matter how long or short they are in our life, they impact it anyway when they leave-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
still feeling the guilt ron keeps thinking he's should of brought kermit home and gave him a chance im trying to make him understand that is normal to cry and that i felt the sameway when koko was put to sleep but her case was differn't she was 17yrs and very sick with kidney failer
ron is mad at the vet now said he would never go back there i told him if there was a chance for (kermit) that the vet would of kept him alive they would rather have the money in there pocket with medicine and stuff if there was a chance to keep kermit alive then to put him a sleep.
i never thought i would be the strong one this time i think i owe i bigs thanks to the catsite who has taught me so much when it comes to dealing with a sick pet

theres still not a 100% chance from what i read on the net about feline lukmia even if your other cats have had there shots that they couldn't get it theres still a chance and what if that was to happen with are other babbies then what would happen well im sorry to keep going on but just needed to share

thank you for listen

rhonda

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to read about Kermit. You and your husband did the best anyone could by looking out for this beautiful cat. Sometimes these things just happen. Feline Lukemia together with the throat cancer gave Kermit little chance of survival-you are right. Crying over a loved animal is never unmanly or wrong, just a way of showing how much we care.
You are both in my thoughts at this sad time.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Rhonda! I'm so so sorry for you and your husband! One thing I know: little Kermit was lucky to have found you. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

pooky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww,so sorry!He was a beutiful cat and its a shame to see him go.Youre husbend was not the least bit short of a man to cry over the loss.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hugs to you and Ron. I'm sorry. At least you spared Kermit further suffering

misclaims

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can really understand where you and your husband are at. I lost my beloved Bear in November. I had guilt on several levels because I didn't know how sick he was and when he was diagnosed with the thyroid disease and kidney cancer he was gone in a matter of weeks. I beat myself up endlessly for it.

This site really help put things in perspective and let me know that all my feelings were normal. It really helped me get over the hump. I hope it does the same for you.

Take care of yourselves, allow yourselves to grieve--it's normal. I still find myself crying or thinking about Bear. They impact our lives and it is truly those of us who have a soul that allow animals to impact our lives like that. I can't understand those people who don't allow animals in their lives. Animals are much better people than us humans can ever expect to be!

Take care
Melisa M
http://www.pet-loss.net This site is very helpful!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Kermit. Hugs to you and your hubby in this sad time....and it is the mark of a true man to be able to show his feelings IMO, when we lost our Butch, my husband cried too.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rhonda - I have only just seen this - I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Kermit

my thoughts are with you & Ron at this time

RIP sweet angel Kermit

Play happily and painfree at the rainbow bridge

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Rhonda, I am so sorry
I don't understand how I could have missed this. I am so sorry that I wasn't here sooner. I send all my love to you and your family

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww
goodbye kermit! come down and heal your daddie pretty soon

Rhonda you are being a wonderful woman supporting your husband at a tiem like this im vey proud of you

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rhonda this must have been such a shock to both you and your husband. Please let your husband know that having strong feelings for an innocent little cat only shows he is a human being with a heart. He's a good man and you're a good wife to support him.

I'm sure the vet did the right thing for Kermit.

Your family and Kermit have my prayers and best wishes.