Goodby to Princess

clw01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost a feral cat yesterday that I called Princess.   She was a princess in every way.  Loved to groom herself and would bump heads with all the males that came up.  All she wanted was them to be her friend.  I'm going to miss her even though she was a feral and we weren't really close.   These past few days watching her go through this sickness was really hard.  I just couldn't do enough to help her get comfortable.  When I took her to the vet yesterday I was actually able to touch her and she let me hold her.  It was a tough moment knowing what needed to be done.  I think she actually knew too.  Rest in peace little princess.  I will miss you.  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for ensuring she didn't suffer and that in her final moments  knew that she was loved . I am sorry for your loss. RIP Princess 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although they may not be in our homes, somehow they still find a piece of our heart. Sweet Princess will be remembered by you and was loved by you, that is all she ever wanted. You were there for her at the end, you could not allow her to suffer, and she is grateful to have you in her life and to be with her at the end. She will be terribly missed, the hole it leaves in our lives feels empty and sad, but know you gave her food and a place to call home, and the freedom to spend her life as she wanted. Your world seems a little darker now with her passing, but her star will brighten the summer sky for you to gaze upon, let your precious memories comfort you and know she is at peace. RIP dear, sweet, Princess. You are free to reign in your new world, know you are held securely in a loving heart within the one who loves you. There are many who greet you with those head butts, please send what comfort you can to the one you left behind!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss of Princess. Ferals may not accept our caresses or live inside our homes, but they certainly come to live inside our hearts. :rbheart: