Good vibes & prayers needed.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Miko!

Shanna, I've just seen this thread. I'm sorry your beautiful Miko is going through such an ordeal.
Will be sending lots of continued recovery/good health vibes his way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starlie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you again to everyone that send vibes and prayers.

Last night, we thought Miko was in the clear. It seems that he's able to urinate up to a few hours after surgery and then he stops. At 6am Dr. A called again to say that they were going to do another emergency surgery and they were already prepping. Apparently, his case is extremely rare to them and it turns out Miko had stones in his system for quite awhile. This information baffled me because he had 2-3 check-ups a year, he urinated normally (until last Monday), he ate and drank normally and was fairly active. He showed no signs of discomfort and had a healthy litterbox routine from what I observed. We are all shocked that he hid it so well.

Anyway, because his stones had been in his system for awhile, they were sort of embedded and made it's way to right below his abdomen. Dr. B (who was the one doing the surgery) came on the phone and explained the procedure. I didn't quite understand the procedure (I was half asleep), but I remember her saying something about moving his urinating area higher (again, I was half asleep so I don't know if actually said that
). Anyway the only major complication from the surgery was that he might dribble sometimes.

Later this afternoon, Dr. B called and said that his surgery was 4 hours long and he was doing fine. They have staff members that will monitor him for the next 12 hours. She said they weren't going to charge me for this surgery or the 2nd one because it's something they were not anticipating. Miko has proven to them that he's a fighter and the entire staff is surprised that he's still in a good mood. He still purrs, never bites, scratches or gives them complications when it's time for his medicine. We actually got to visit him again this afternoon and he looked tired, but still in good spirits. Whew, let's hope he does well for the next 12 hours and makes a speedy recovery.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news for Miko that they found hte problem and that he is dealing with t he surgery Ok, and good news for you both on his account and on the payments. I do hope he continues to improve.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just read this - poor Miko but I am happy to hear the suregeries went well. I hope he'll be back to himself in no time. Your vet and the ppl there sound wonderful!!

kelch23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I Wish You And Miko Good Luck! I Hope Everything Turns Out Well. Miko Will Stay Stong And All Love And Prayes Are With You. Talk To God And Ask For A Little Extra Love For Miko.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starlie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
4 surgeries and 3 weeks later Miko is doing quite well. He was able to come home last Friday and we have been keeping a close eye on him. Our main focus was to make sure he ate a normal amount of food and used the litter box. He seemed to do well with the litter box, but he didn't want to eat. We had to take him to the hospital from Saturday-Monday so he could get tube fed. This was the only way to give him medication since he wasn't eating on his own. He had another check up yesterday and Dr. B is pleased with his progress. Since Monday night he has been eating about 1/2 - 3/4 of his normal diet and using the litter box normally. He does dribble sometimes but it happens right after he urinates. The dribbling should only last a few more days. He is going back to the vet this Friday to get his stiches taken out and I'm going to see if they can give him a lion cut. Although, that might piss him off even more.

Thank you to everyone who sent vibes and prayers.
We're just glad he's home and recovering well.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear Miko is doing so much better!

Give him a
for me!