Good solution for Pine Pellet Litter boxes.

Bobsk8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought two SoFresh sifting litter boxes when I adopted my cat a few months ago. They work well with the Pine pellet litter with one exception. The distance under the sifting tray to the pan the tray sits in was not very large. For this reason, I had to dump the sawdust out from the lower tray every couple of days, because it would start to fill up and eventually rise to the holes in the sifting tray.

I decided to try and find an easy solution to fix this. I went to Home Depot and got some pipe insulation, which is a black foam about 6 feet long. I picked one that had an inside diameter of 1/2". It cost about $2 .This insulation has a slit along it's length, so you can slip it over a pipe. I cut four pieces about 3" long, opened up the slit and slipped it over the four sides of the lower box that the sifting box sits in. This raised the sifting box about 1/2", and now there is plenty of room for the sawdust from the pine litter to fall into. The other advantage is that if you want to wash the lower box periodically, just slip off the foam pieces, wash it, and slip them back on again when it is dry. Works like a charm.

pipe Insulation.jpg