Good Quality & Affordable Kitten Food?

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi guys! I've been fostering some kittens since they were just days old, a while ago i started introducing solids. I mixed some royal canin mother and babycat with their formula. But i really want to find something more affordable that is also healthy for my babies. I always end up buying the same food with all fosters but i cannot really afford it since i am fostering on my own and i have to use my own resources. Can you guys please recommend some good kitten food that i can buy in europe?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not familiar with the European brands, but I can give you some general pointers for choosing a food. My general checklist for cat food is that is should be grain-free, potato-free, carrageenan-free, and contain meat as the first ingredient. Meat is generally preferred to fish as the main protein because fish can contain mercury, but some fish is fine. Wet food is generally considered healthier than dry because it contains more water, which helps keep cats hydrated and feeling fuller for longer, which helps to prevent cats from overeating. For kittens, food should either be labeled "for kittens" or "for all life stages". I'd love to see pictures of the kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not familiar with the European brands, but I can give you some general pointers for choosing a food. My general checklist for cat food is that is should be grain-free, potato-free, carrageenan-free, and contain meat as the first ingredient. Meat is generally preferred to fish as the main protein because fish can contain mercury, but some fish is fine. Wet food is generally considered healthier than dry because it contains more water, which helps keep cats hydrated and feeling fuller for longer, which helps to prevent cats from overeating. For kittens, food should either be labeled "for kittens" or "for all life stages". I'd love to see pictures of the kittens!
Thank you for the helpful info. These are my babies :) Robin, Juno and Holly.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg