Good Lord, this poor kitty!! *With an updated picture!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA get every second you can with him now. What a mixture of feelings you must be going through.

otisbird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ya have to drive all the way to Portland? Ya can't meet Jimmy on highway 5?
Starlight isn't coming with a covered cat litter box, right? I got one for him. My other cats never wanted to go into anything like that. He is use to it? What kind of cat food is he eating? Want to be all prepared.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debi- we actually have to drive about 300 miles to Hemiston to meet Jimmy-

Little Snort will come with vet records, bed, persian kitty stuff (shampoo- eye envy, powders and pads to clean) He will have his dry food along, right now I just feed Kirkland dry to him which I buy at Costco. He has only thrown up one time since he was here, and it was because a piece of thread got caught in his throat. He has a brush, his eye ointment, his nose spray and his blanket- plus some toys for him and for Pug and your other kitty- sorry can't recall the name-

spoonersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Uncle Fester
I went to the site you gave me and was totally impressed.
However, I admit that Zoey is the star attraction
I also like the pictures of the truck. Makes me feel like I "have been there" if you know what I mean! I know what you mean. I also refuse to buy my kitties as long as there are those on "death row" that are some of the most loveable and deserving and I am not wishing to enter shows or anything like that! In fact, I won't even purchase or visit a pet store that will market animals because I know that they are keeping "puppy mills and kitty mills" in business. I know that losing me as a customer most likely will not prevent the "mills" practice, but one less customer may help the cause.
I put the site you made on my favorites cause really really enjoyed and want to go back and also to share with my niece in Virginia (who is also a cat lover!) You know, I have only been on this board for a short time but I have met so many extremely kind and helpful people that just want to share their love of cats. I LOVE this board and can't wait to get up each day to "talk" at you all!

spoonersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PatchesMom
If you ever want to give away Patches to new home (yeah right, as if THAT would ever happen!
) please keep my address handy! She is gorgeous and looks so huggable! Bet you are a proud mama! Does Patches have brothers and/or sisters or only child? I get such a wonderful and happy feeling when I hear of someone adopting a little one that has had a rough life and giving them love and attention that they deserve! Makes me smile just thinking of it. From childhood, I can recall daydreaming with my playmates on what we would do if we were "stars" (our word meaning RICH when we were super young) and as far back as I can recall, I wanted to have enough money to own lots of land or whatever and empty out all shelters and give love to all of the cats in world! Commendable yes, but a rather odd wish for a child when the others are wishing for toy stores!

uncle fester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MA, why are you driving to Hermiston? I can swing through on I-5 you know

Happy to do so.

These people never know where I am or what I'm doing half the time anyway, so why should that change now?

I'll see you tomorrow and I'll take PLENTY of photos and dedicate a webpage on AsphaltAdventures.com to the whole sheeee-bang!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well all you said was Hemiston which is in eastern oregon- over the mountain from us- if you can get closer that would be great, but if not, we will just go on a road trip

otisbird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MA, I get to meet him on highway 5, in Lost Hills. It's about 100 miles east from me. Out there in the HOT
It's only 70 degrees in Los Osos, CA
today. I'm sure Lost Hills is at least 100 degrees.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well he is going to meet us about 20 miles from our house- so that will be nicer.

I am sorry you have to make such a jaunt in such heat- but knowing Jimmy, I bet he will accomodate you as well by getting a tad bit closer-

I know you will take care of this little one in high style Debi- but please when you have him safe at your home give me a holler-

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH! The Suspeeeeeeeeense!!

You'll have many hearts with you, MA, as you turn over that precious cargo and kiss him good-bye -- and so will you, Fester, as you transport the precious cargo -- and you, Debi, as he comes to grace your home. What a very fortunate little guy he is to have encountered such wonderful people!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness , Fester you drive like you have a speed car lol .

Oh M.A.
to you . I know it has to be really hard on you to say good bye to Starlight .

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww *sobs*. I'm gonna miss him and I only got to love on him once. He's a super special fella thats for sure. I'm gonna be shedding a few tears with ya MA. I'm already starting.

I said "Ooooh awwwww!!" and Craig "what?" I replied with "Jimmy is picking up Starlight tomorrow" then he said "then why'd you say awww".
Well, I said it because I won't get to visit with him anymore.

Take good good care of him Debi and please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease post pictures of him for us all. He's become such an object of adoration and love here at TCS.

Jimmy,

You are truly an absolutely wonderful man. Thank you so much for everything you've done and that you're doing. You should be given a special badge by your name here too perhaps dubbed as The Official Cat Site Carrier or some such. You're terrific, thank you so much for everything.

uncle fester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cassandra, you should stop your wrending of garments and gnashing of teeth, Fester is on the case!

I have set aside a special website where you will be able to see photos and read accounts of Starlights progress from the moment he comes aboard until the moment he arrives at his new home!

Here 'tis!
http://asphaltadventures.com/custom4.html

How hath Fester rocked me, let me count the ways!

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uncle Fester you've had me blubbering all over again. I have only met Starlight on this thread, but how I love him. Sweet precious boy, journey well. How wonderful to have his own site.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA I won't be here for quite some hours now and I don't know if Starlight will still be with you when I get back. But I will be thinking of you

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Uncle Fester

I have set aside a special website where you will be able to see photos and read accounts of Starlights progress from the moment he comes aboard until the moment he arrives at his new home!
:
What a spectacular idea!

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats a fantastic website, and I'm flattered to have my picture up there with him although you'll prolly scare off some people
!

Uncle Fester.. you are the *man*!
Not only are you transporting him for free, but you're dedicating a site to him! Yay! I'm gonna be checking it daily just to make sure I don't miss a thing.

feralwhisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fester I want you to know how sorry I am about the loss of your mother.
She raised a caring son.

On a light note, how do you drive one hand on the wheel and one hand on the keyboard? You created an amazing web page while driving cross country. How do you do it?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well Little Snort, is all packed up and ready to go. We spent a large part of our early morning playing with him on top of the bed. He has had his bath, and Mike took a look at the *care package* that is traveling with him and shook his head and said he hopes Jimmy has a bigger truck than last time we met!

I made Jimmy my famous Brownie Chocolate Peanut Delights last night, and he will have enough chocolate in his truck to share with all his trucker friends-

He is going to be here by noon our time (he thinks) He must literally fly down those highways!
See you when you get here Jimmy and thanks for putting up such a neat website for the Starlight Express!

Status
Not open for further replies.