Good football game

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe the Patriots luck. Unbelievable! I hate pretty boy, but he is an amazing QB. I think they have a great shot at going to the Superbowl.

I don't want to see all those Patriots fans on South Beach during Superbowl week!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

For next week I have picked New Orleans and New England

and that was a poor show for Tomlinson, I hate bad losers!
I hope you are right, they have never been this far before, the Saints fans around here and in New Orleans are going nuts.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nat it's fun, once you get into it!!! I love football and I'm a girly girl...and there are a lot of cute guys too
Of course that is NOT why I like it!
If you like the cute guys, how can you not love Tom Brady? He is a doll and gives a great press conference too. Definitely not just a pretty boy. If only I were 20 years younger.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I want Da Bears too But I will not route for the Patriots uggg If they are in another Superbowl I am not watching it...who am I kidding I will watch it
Is that because we won so many times and you think they should share? (I used to think that about the cowboys when they were always winning)

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Hey, I said I was rooting for them! I just don't like having to, but they are the lesser of some evils...

Doesn't it help I pull for the Red Sox? Don't I get a point for that?
You'll get a point for that in baseball season. We are not evil!

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Just a little excited here!

Originally Posted by babygirl

I can't believe the Patriots luck. Unbelievable! I hate pretty boy, but he is an amazing QB. I think they have a great shot at going to the Superbowl.

I don't want to see all those Patriots fans on South Beach during Superbowl week!
After all these incredible wins, you can't believe its just luck. (possibly some kind of enchanted charm, but definitely not luck). And how come you hate Tommy? He can't help that he's beautiful.

How do you guys watch a game and "talk" on the computer at the same time?

Sorry about the double post. Just discovered how to do the multiquote thing.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. LT, this is for you-

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

For next week I have picked New Orleans and New England
I hope New England wins, but it is going to be a REAL tough game for them.

Originally Posted by Snuzy

And how come you hate Tommy? He can't help that he's beautiful.
There is a great billboard of him in the center of Providence that I just noticed the other day

Oh yeah, almost forgot. LT, this is for you-
I don't want this to turn into an IMO thread.
I agree that the Patriots shouldn't have done it, but LT's reaction was over the top. Many teams celebrate like that after a big win and get a bit too rambunctious about it. It's been done to the Patriots a few times this season alone. The fact that he blames the coach is ridiculous. Belichick and his players say nothing but good about teams that they are going to play. I am willing to bet the players that participated are going to get their butts kicked by Belichick. What about all of the trash talking by San Diego this week? Was that called for? How is the Patriots display any worse than that?

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I hope New England wins, but it is going to be a REAL tough game for them.

I don't want this to turn into an IMO thread.
I agree that the Patriots shouldn't have done it, but LT's reaction was over the top. Many teams celebrate like that after a big win and get a bit too rambunctious about it. It's been done to the Patriots a few times this season alone. The fact that he blames the coach is ridiculous. Belichick and his players say nothing but good about teams that they are going to play. I am willing to bet the players that participated are going to get their butts kicked by Belichick. What about all of the trash talking by San Diego this week? Was that called for? How is the Patriots display any worse than that?
Agree with you there. Belichick is very strict about what his players say and do. When they interviewed the rookie kicker after the game, he was very humble and said he was afraid he'd get in trouble if he said anything else. Almost every time you hear a player interview, they are very thoughtful and respectful. Wish I knew how he did it. I would use it on my kids.

Yeah, I'm definitely nervous about the colts. I was hoping Baltimore won. Can't imagine how many Peyton Manning commercials there would be if they won the Super Bowl.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And how come you hate Tommy? He can't help that he's beautiful.
LT, this is for you-
I don't like him because I'm a Dolphins fan. I don't care if he's a pretty boy I still don't like him. I guess I'm just jealous of his success. If he played for another team I'll probably be a fan of him.

LT has every right to be pissed. Yeah, SD lost a game it should have won, but LT was caught in the moment of emotions. More importantly, though, any time a player(s) are SORE winners and taunt, it just adds fuel to the fire. Absolutely, classless. If you win, let the scoreboard do the talking. You'd expect that from a team who hasn't been there before, but not a team like New England, who are three time champs this decade.

I do agree the shot at Belichick was uncalled for.