Good Dry Food?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My wet food kitty only gets fed morning and night, and then a bit of dry for overnight. You can definitely feed them how it works best for you!

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If we go away for a night and have a friend looking after them, they get some dry...and we feed NVI with raw boost. They seem to like it....though I think they think any dry food is a treat, so I'm pretty sure they'd eat almost anything!

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't see how pointing out dry food is bad for cat is 'disrespectful'. When you choose to feed your cat the equivalent of cardboard they suffer
The answer is feed wet or raw. Wet food dosen't have to be the most expensive brand, raw can be sourced rather cheaply.
Time to stop pretending dry nuggets are ok for a cat. And no, they won't drink enough water to make up the deficiency....

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you are not home enough or as was mentioned sleeping, buy a microchip or timed automatic cat feeder for wet food.
If you do leave dry out, (due to the coating that attracts cats to it), they may bypass the wet food, so don't leave dry out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: I'm trying out feeding him 2 wet food meals a day. I'm still giving him dry food but I will take it away for a few hours after feeding him so he finishes all his wet food (he likes it with tuna and kinda just picks at the non-fishy wet food.) I calculate it will cost me around 60$ a month on wet food.

Currently he is still finishing his huge bag of Iams kitten dry food. When he finishes that I will try Taste of the Wild dry food. If I have to switch him to a cheaper dry food ...... I think eating 6 oz of wet food plus some cheap dry food is better than giving him 3 oz of wet food and higher quality dry food. Taste of the Wild cat food has sweet potato in it but no flour or corn.

I buy him my b.f.f. Wet food & I'm trying him on fancy feast classic pâté (chicken, turkey, beef.) He nibbles on the gravy lovers in those 3 flavors but I want him to eat meat not gravy (hence the pate.) OK maybe I over think this to much but I think long term a healthier diet makes a difference for the cat.
*he is 6 pounds 4 oz and will be 5 months old on February 15th.