Good cat toys for strong cats?

parkersdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat literally destroys his toys with his strength. I started buying small dog balls for when we play fetch. Every string toy and door/window hanging toy he destroys within a week. The balls on the multi level track? Got bored after a day. He needs something he won't get bored of or break. Also he isn't attracted to catnip.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ain’t nuthin a cat plays with that can’t be wrecked. Cat toys are consumables, plain and simple.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parkersdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ain’t nuthin a cat plays with that can’t be wrecked. Cat toys are consumables, plain and simple.
I feel like I should get more use than a week though before the string or lace snaps or the critter at the end comes off 😭. He's a big boy and I feel they only make toys for like 10lb and under crowd.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Belle went through a period where she wrecked all her toys in a few days. One toy that’s she’s played with for the last three years was a knotted tug rope made for small to medium dogs. She likes the rope best when I use to play with her. It’s her oldest surviving toy and is definitely worse for the wear.

She still wrecks things. She has a track ball toy with with a cardboard scratchpad. We have to replace the cardboard pad now and again because when it’s worn to a certain point, she makes it her mission to destroy what’s left and tear it into small bits. It makes her happy, so we let her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parkersdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Belle went through a period where she wrecked all her toys in a few days. One toy that’s she’s played with for the last three years was a knotted tug rope made for small to medium dogs. She likes the rope best when I use to play with her. It’s her oldest surviving toy and is definitely worse for the wear.

She still wrecks things. She has a track ball toy with with a cardboard scratchpad. We have to replace the cardboard pad now and again because when it’s worn to a certain point, she makes it her mission to destroy what’s left and tear it into small bits. It makes her happy, so we let her.
His favorite toy is a small dogs tennis ball and a gold cat crinkle he always chews on when he wants to eat or play. I'll look into the tug rope toy. He loves the laser but gotten such mixed reviews on that and decided to stop.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo loves those plastic springs and they seem to be indestructible. Lily loves an old walker ball, which is really a tennis ball. That may eventually shred, but it will take a long time.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please be cautious with string toys. If the cat ingests the string, it can lead to emergency room visit at best.

A woollen dryer ball has lasted me awhile.

Deer hide toys from Etsy: Cat Toy Deer Hair Mouse With Buffalo Leather/hide Ears and - Etsy Canada

note: you will find deer hairs everywhere

also felted cat toys as there's no stuffing to break through to.

you might also want to try anything from Bullymake

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat's favorite toy is one of those empty metal lip gloss tins. I bought a pack of them on Amazon because I was going to use them for nosework with my dog, but Friday stole one and he loves it. It's indestructible - but he's not really a "wrestle" cat, he just likes to shoot it across the room and chase after it.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a kitten that destroys all cat toys. She was tiny when she started but learned that some toys would shatter if she hit them against a wall hard enough and others would get soft enough to tear apart if she put them in the water dish. I got a few things in the dog section but had better luck in the infant and toddler sections. I had toddler remote control dump truck that she enjoyed chasing. I didn't leave it out but even when she caught it I didn't see tooth marks. It was 20 yrs ago and don't remember the brand.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got one of these grabbers at an auto supply 25+ yrs ago. I can get most things out from under the refrigerator without getting on the floor. I have the magnet thing but got it at the $1 store and they still carry it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D23M5R7/?tag=thecatsite
Good tool! I think I need one of those. I use a yardstick with a fleece cover over it. That way I dust and push put toys at the same time.