Good-bye Remy

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My little Remy crossed the bridge today.I only had him with me for 18 months having adopted him when he was 6. He had so many issues and in the end his vet could not think of anything else we could do for him that would make a difference. He died in peace. He loved the vet and that was all I could ask for.

What a sweet, good boy he was. I will miss him.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were both so lucky to have found each other. I pray you can find comfort in knowing you did all you could and saved him from being alone when he passed. I guess we never know why our loved ones are taken at such a young age, like the quote " If love was enough to have saved you, you would have never died". It helps to release some of the pain by letting others know your story, thank you for letting us all know about your sweet boy. RIP sweet Remy, I'll pray for you to have a safe crossing, please watch over Maureen and keep her safe!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, Maureen. Remy was very lucky to have you -- and a vet he liked -- looking out for him.

huntersdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Maureen,

You and Remy had each other for 18 months and that made such a huge difference in his life.

RIP Dear Remy....you feel better now and can play ~

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Maureen I just saw in a different post and had to come here to post. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: You tried so hard for him and he couldn't have had a better home or meowmy! This wasn't what you wanted - but life sure sucks that way sometimes. Oh hun... :heart2: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

What matter is that you DID have 18 months together. I know you wanted more for him - but he had YOU, and that mattered to him. Your love and care was a life changer for him, and in the end, he died peacefully. That is such a blessing for kitties like Remy. Well - for all of them. But especially for those that most don't want and won't help.

Aw shoot. :(

:angel: :rbheart: :grphug2: :rbheart: :grphug2: :rbheart: :grphug2: :rbheart: :grphug2: :rbheart: :grphug2: :rbheart:

Remy stomped on your heart, and will always have a home there. I'm sure he's by your side, trying to let you know he loves you and saying thank you. :heart2: :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the kind words. It means so much to me that I can come here and there are people who understand what a loss this has been for me.

LDG- I read what you wrote and cried. I know that you have Chumley and how much you have done for him. Remy was a little guy who took my heart because he had sat in a rescue shelter apparently overlooked for 3 years I was determined that he would have a happy life. I do comfort myself today knowing that he was given love and comfort every day he was in my home. He was love bucket and never failed to offer anyone a forehead rub an of course bestowed on us the honor of being allowed to pet him as long as we needed to.

I am going to try to remember him on a good day. That day I had him outdoor on the patio with me and suddenly he began running full blast up and down my lawn, he circled the tree and began rolling around the grass on his   back.

That was shortly after I adopted him. I said to myself on that day that whatever it took that little boy who was capable of such joy was going to have a chance. ah, it didn't work out that way but we loved him.

I have to correct something, I had Remy 21 months , not 18. I know that doesn't matter but I just realized I had made that mistake.

Once again, thank you all. I am grateful that his passing has been noted as important.

Last edited:

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maureen,

I read your response regarding Remy on the other forum and thought I'd move my reply here.

You really did give that little guy a second chance - most people probably would have returned the cat, however, you gave him a home with love and the best care -- invaluable.

Back in 2009, when our 17 year old kitty was no longer with us, I was heartbroken, felt like I'd lost my best friend, I didn't even want to leave the apartment for several days. I remember reading something on one of the sites where I sought solace that gave me great comfort, that our animal companions live short lives because in their very vast generosity and capacity for love they want for us to be able to share that love with other furry friends.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LisaMarie12- Thank you. That is a beautiful thought.I wish I could figure out how to post a picture of Remy. I just found one I took on his very happy day. He is rolling on the grass and was so happy.It is funny, I cried on the day he died but I felt resigned. In the days afterward I feel sad.I wrote the rescue that I got him from. I was respectful but told them what he went through . I asked that in the future they take better care of the cats they rescue.That was really all I could do for Remy at this point.

This morning, for just a second I could have sworn I saw him.Lol.That has happened with me with every pet I have had to say good-bye to.I am ok. I know it is just the way it is and I will live to love another cat Remy was a cats cat and he would want me to save another. When I am ready I will.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning, for just a second I could have sworn I saw him.Lol.That has happened with me with every pet I have had to say good-bye to.I am ok. I know it is just the way it is and I will live to love another cat Remy was a cats cat and he would want me to save another. When I am ready I will.
I still keep expecting to see our cat we had to have put to sleep in December 2013 -- Brooksie was such a part of our lives! Tonight I expected to turn and see her waiting for treats after we ate our dinner. That despite having adopted two new cats right after Brooksie was gone: she was a cat's cat, too, and for us it was the right thing to do for a million reasons. It's funny how so many of Brooksie's habits have stuck with me, despite all the new ones with the new cats, who are every bit as much of our lives as Brooksie was. Just in different ways. Though they're all divas!

A big virtual hug to you, Maureen, for all you did for Remy!
I'm glad you have those happy memories of him.