Good bye Baby Kitty

tasha porter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Midget had one kitten on July 18th. Yesterday July 27th the kitten which I was calling Baby Kitty, passed away. Midget was trying to tell me that something wasn't right but I misread what she was doing. I thought that her bringing Baby Kitty out of hiding was her way of introducing her to the house. I was wrong. It was Midgets way of trying to tell me she needed help. I'm not sure if it was a birth defect or because it got really cold in the house for a few nights, which again I didn't think to add any other form of heat for Baby Kitty. This was my first litter so I was really new. TCS has been a great help for me. Even with me and Midget doing everything we could Baby Kitty still didn't survive. Midget is torn. I can tell she is upset over the lose since she has been doing nothing but searching the house and calling out to Baby Kitty. Last night she slept with me, which is something she has never done. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am hoping to find an abandoned litter that she can mother. I think it would be really good for. 

Heres to Baby Kitty. You were so cute and fluffy and absolutly adorable. Its too sad that you were not able to stay with us. RIP Baby Kitty, you were greatly loved and will be missed.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost the little one. It would be great if Midget could take care of some kittens who've lost their own mother.

RIP, Baby Kitty. Your loss is felt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tasha porter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for you sweet words for Baby Kitty. Midget seems to have come out of her depression and has been acting more like herself the past few days. Has been very wonderful to be able to log on to this site and have the loving words and beautiful pictures for her baby. Thank you again.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear baby kitty passed. It would be wonderful if you took in another litter of motherless kittens. This time of year there are lots of them who would appreciate being taken in.

Last edited: