Good Budget Dewormer? Biheldon?

kittykittykittykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet says I can buy a over the counter dewormer for my cat. I am looking for a budget dewormer and I saw this product with very good reviews but mostly about dogs but It's so cheap I am a bit worried. It has the same ingredients as Drontal, but a fraction of the price. Does anyone have experience or anything with Biheldon?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always a little worried about budget meds. I am never sure of the effectiveness, or the safety. I always stick with what i get from my vet, may cost more, but i know its effective, and i get the right dose for my cats based on their weight.. I would also be wary of any that are for cats and dogs, cats cannot use a lot of products that are made for dogs. Im a bit of a worry wart with what i give cats, they don't handle many things very well.

However i am sure there are others that have used some that are over the counter, and will have experience to share. If i were to use an over the counter product i would make sure it is safe for cats, proper dosage for a cat by weight. And that others said they had used it on their cats with good results. Im sure others will post what they use. I know there are good over the counter meds out there, safe and all. I just dont, as its easier to go through my vet, and i dont have to think about it too much.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't buy an unfamiliar dewormer off of eBay, it scares me. For my dog, I'll use safe-guard or panacur-c, but they don't have those for cats. I think buying from the vet is the best option. Getting a prescription from the vet and buying online can save money. If I absolutely had to buy something over the counter, I would go for one of these, and the Bayer would be my first choice:

Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer Tablets for Cats - 1800PetMeds
Pro-Sense Liquid Cat Dewormer, 4-oz bottle

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I purchased a bottle from Bayer that I got from Chewy. It cleared my cats tapeworm. You may need more than one pill depending on your cat's weight. If I recall, there are 3 pills per bottle. I would not purchase meds from Ebay.