Gone 3 years

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss :( Cancer is awful. It sounds like your baby wanted to stick around, they must have loved you a lot

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever we lose a beloved pet, whether its a cat or a dog, the pain and grief stay with us for a very long time. It is true when they say that each time they leave, they also leave behind paw-shaped holes in our hearts, never to be filled ever again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a blessing to have her not suffer. It breaks my heart to see the suffering that can go on. She was a little fighter for sure.....
My thoughts and prayers are with you, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart, and it always leaves a scar. Her love will always be tied to your soul, the 'essence' that was her is spiritual, so eternal, and will always parallel to your own life's journey. Try to concentrate on what she gave you, not what was taken from you. To have never met her at all would have been unthinkable, she brought so much into your life. Be strong, one day you will realize that to fully appreciate life and love you first have to have loss. "Death cannot take that which never dies", you know the love you have for each other is eternal. To be thought of and mourned after death is a great honor, you do this in remembrance of her and will be blessed for it. Please know we are here if you need a shoulder, we have stood in your shoes. Take care.....RIP sweet Poppy. you will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a connection that is very strong. Right after the vet set her free, I started second guessing if I had done the right thing because she fought it so hard. I knew in my head it was right ( she was struggling) but in my heart I doubted it. I was standing looking out my doors onto my deck and asked for a sign if it was the right thing to do. I was specific- I asked for a hummingbird to show itself. At that moment a hummingbird flew onto my deck, looked in the door and just hovered there for a bit before flying away. At that time I had not put a feeder on the deck. Since then, when I have lost one of my cats, just prior to their death, I seem to catch a glimpse of Poppy out of the corner of my eye. Almost like she is there telling me that it is okay. I have lost 2 , Lily and Boo since her death. I guess I sound totally crazy!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not at all! I remember standing holding my husband and crying, when he said, "Chrissy, PLEASE let us know if you are alright!" At that exact moment, a shooting star shot sideways across the sky! In December! I will NEVER forget that exact moment, the peace that came knowing she answered us. It was later when the doubts start setting in, but I hold on to that incredible feeling that washed over us. the incredible bond we have with those we love is strong, stronger than death......PS I also have to laugh, when later I realized that a shooting star was EXACTLY what my little spunky diva would send, it was so her.....