Going To Become A Cat Behaviorist!

bpenniman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going back to school. I'm 24. I want to become a cat behaviorist. The university I'm going to, of course, I would get a bachelor's in animal behavior, but after that I would want to get a job specifically with cats. I've been reading so many books about cat behavior and it interests me so much. So I figure, why not go for the gold? There's actually a demand for animal behaviorists with a bachelor's, especially at very large shelters. Veterinarian schools also hire animal behaviorists. It's so fun to figure out why my cat's do what they do. I went to school previously for community development. I will have to transfer my credits and study 2 1/2 yrs. I'm volunteering at my local shelter already so I can learn more about cat behavior. Just wanted to post this because I'm so excited!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well done. I hope your enjoy getting inside the cats minds. It sounds really interesting and worthwhile.

Dave Brownlee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As Feebys said in an earlier post - Good Luck.

That's not to be critical - and I think your work can help in other things. Cats are what I would call semi-tame. They aren't like dogs. It's just nature.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck!

If you haven’t already, you should watch all the seasons of ‘My Cat From Hell’ by Jackson
Galaxy. It’s great insight into how cat behaviourists think.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We used a cat behaviorist twice. Somethings helped and some didn't. Every cat's background and socializing is unique, as is its personality. Just like people, it's a tough job made harder because you can't talk to them.

The best of luck. We need better feline/human communications!