Going To Be Sterilizing My Kittens

arctiguins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey all, I’m just wondering if anyone has experience with sending more than one kitten for sterilization at the same time. I’m sending my kitten siblings (2 of them) for sterilization around the same time. Do they have to be separated during their recovery period?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I had my 2 girls spayed at the same time. There was never any suggestion of separating them and they did just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arctiguins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh! That’s great to hear! Well my vet said to separate them cause they might lick each other’s wounds since they can’t lick their own. Maybe I’ll monitor them first before any separation needs to be done? Hmm..

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could investigate post-surgical jackets for them (or even make your own, either from a t-shirt, a baby onesie, or even big socks if they're still small enough). Having said that, my guys were done at the same time, and were back together, without any issues, from the time they came round from surgery :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably won't lick each others wounds. But they certain COULD. So I would just keep a close eye on them and if you are leaving for an extended amount of time maybe seperate them to be safe. That being said, unless they are wearing cone collars they could certainly lick their own wounds...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had all of mine spayed and neutered in twos and threes. They never licked each other at all. Cat's tend to lick each other's heads and faces, I doubt they'd lick each other's spay scars.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been told by the vets to separate cats after a spay, that they will lick each others stitches. I dont know, i always kept mine separate for a while or kept them in clothes :)

Suitical Recovery Suit for Cats