Going on Vacation - What about my kitten?

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey! So I’m going on vacation, and I have asked some friends if they can take on my 3 month kitten for a week. He will be staying at their home. I can’t see any other way of him getting care other than a kennel of sorts, which i think would be much more stressful for him. Do you guys have any tips on how I can help him be comfortable and happy in his temporary new home?

Thanks,
Lennybells

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All cats absolutely hate change. He will be scared and most likely hide for a while at your friends, but he is young enough to bounce back quickly. Definitely leaev a WORN T shirt that you wore and have not washed to keep your scent there to comfort him. Make SURE they keep him in a wire dog crate (with a box where he can hide, they are cheap on FB buy and sell sites) or a small room at first that has no where to hide or get into trouble. Have them sit with him and talk softly. Never force him to come out of hiding. Leave treats when they leave. He will be fine, you can check up on him. When he is older, you could leave him at home and have someone check on him. But a kitten is best not left alone. All the luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
All cats absolutely hate change. He will be scared and most likely hide for a while at your friends, but he is young enough to bounce back quickly. Definitely leaev a WORN T shirt that you wore and have not washed to keep your scent there to comfort him. Make SURE they keep him in a wire dog crate (with a box where he can hide, they are cheap on FB buy and sell sites) or a small room at first that has no where to hide or get into trouble. Have them sit with him and talk softly. Never force him to come out of hiding. Leave treats when they leave. He will be fine, you can check up on him. When he is older, you could leave him at home and have someone check on him. But a kitten is best not left alone. All the luck!
Thanks so much! My kitten is a strange one. He immediately starts exploring when in a new space, so think he should be fine. He’s also already met these friends. I love the idea with the shirt. My kitty says thanks!