Going on vacation - leaving kitten with parents

kcb385

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, 

My kitten is a Siberian and now 4 months old. In about a month or so we are leaving on vacation for a month. Unfortunately, leaving the kitten at home and having someone come over will not work due to my parents' and friends' schedule. However, my parents have agreed to let the kitten stay with them for the whole month. My question is, since we've only had the kitten for 2 months, will he forget our place and us once we come back from the 1 month trip?  I just don't want to leave him with my parents for a month, come back and realize that he doesn't recognize us or his home. Anyone have any experience or stories about this?

Thanks!!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There shouldn't be a huge problem with this - especially if you've already got a strong bond with your boy. Take things that smell of home when you take him to your parents, and leave him something that smells strongly of each of you (a shirt you've got really sweaty in/slept in is ideal). There will still be a transition period when he comes back home, but it shouldn't be too big a deal - especially with one so young.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcb385

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! That's very reassuring :)