Going on vacation for a week

Kodaoo7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this has been posted a lot but I still not sure what to do. Me and my family are gonna go vacation for a week, the option for my cat is a cat sitter that’s comes in once a day or taking her with us.

Cat Sitter
Pro
-She will be at home
-She won’t have to drive in the car for 3+hrs
Cons
-She doesn’t like strangers
-She will hide all the time when the sitter arrives so she won't come out to play or the sitter won't be able to check on her
-She will be bored

Taking her with us
Pro
-She will be with people she knows
-She won't get bored
-She will have a new home to explore
Cons
-3+hrs in the car which she doesn't even like driving 20mins to her vet
-It is in an Airbnb so I'm worried she might scratch the furniture or pee outside her litter box.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly, you know her best and either way there are pros and cons. I would suggest you do what you think will make her more comfortable and give you peace of mind. Best of luck, enjoy your trip and please let us know what you decide. :goodluck:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats hide from strangers. So if they were at a strangers house they would not be comfortable unless I was always with them 24/7 You could give them pill from the vet to help them calm down. I would assume if the cats been with you a long time your home is thier territory.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would leave her at home. The travel will be stressful, a new place will be stressful, she could run away... At home, she is used to you being gone for periods. It'll just be gone a longer period. She might not come out to play, but cats can amuse themselves. She can watch birds, play with toys, take lots of uninterrupted naps. She'll be way more comfortable in her own space. I program my TV to come on and shut off so there's some noise in the house.