Going Away

BeaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need to go away for almost 6 days, my husband will stay at home with our 4.5 month old kitten. The thing I'm worried about is - will he be ok? He is still "a baby" and I'm the person he is really attached to. He is ok with my husband and slowly getting closer to him but when we are both at home he will always chose me, he follows me everywhere etc. I spend more time with him, play more with him. My husband loves the kitten but he works longer hours and doesn't always have the time, it took them much longer to bond and their bond is nowhere as strong as ours. I'm worried that when I go away he will get sad or we will lose the bond we have - is it possible? I must go away, it's something that cannot be put back.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will be OK, 6 days may seem like a lifetime but it is short enough he will definitely remember you. He will miss you of course, and he may act up, being ornery or even hiding for a while. Please text or call often to see how he is doing. You may even want to talk to him. Just have your husband feed him and give him a few treats, maybe even get a wand and play with him a bit. A few minutes would help.
Just anticipate what a wonderful reunion you will have, he will be SO glad to see you. PS make sure you greet hubby too, they get really jealous.....:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He will be OK, 6 days may seem like a lifetime but it is short enough he will definitely remember you. He will miss you of course, and he may act up, being ornery or even hiding for a while. Please text or call often to see how he is doing. You may even want to talk to him. Just have your husband feed him and give him a few treats, maybe even get a wand and play with him a bit. A few minutes would help.
Just anticipate what a wonderful reunion you will have, he will be SO glad to see you. PS make sure you greet hubby too, they get really jealous.....:)
:D will do
and thanks - Hubby feeds him once a day and gives him treats as well - this is how we were getting kitten to like him :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He will be fine and it is actually a good thing because that helps him bond more with your husband. He find your husband is a wonderfully warm person to cuddle with and they can share their missing of you together.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Your kitty will likely do very fine. You can help with his adjustment (and, yours) while you are gone by leaving worn, unwashed clothing of yours to let your husband share with the kitty so he can continue to smell you while your are gone.