Going away for a few days for the first time

mommasboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am going away on a school trip for 4 days leaving my baby alone for the first time and I am worried. I have organized for a good friend of mine ( a cst lover who has 3 kitties herself) to come check on Huxley twice a day and I'll know she'll spend time with him, play and cuddle (if he lets her). I'm just worried he'll get bored/lonely and maybe become destructive.

Can anyone share their travel experiences with me? I guess I just need reassurance that my baby will be fine.

Thanks!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With someone coming in,he should be fine for that long. he will most likely sleep most of the time you are away. They usually aren't destructive unless you one like mine that wants outside, then they start beating up on others and clawing blinds. Leave a cardboard box on the ground for him to play in and a few toys scattered around. I would have your friend call you with updates, that ought to ease your mind. I really think you'll be fine, bless you for being concerned!

moonstr80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've gone on trip for 3-4 days out of town. Thankfully my sister's friend knew someone who pet sits for business. She did amazing job. Only thing I noticed when I came back how clingy and affection Perry was towards me., it just means he misses me

Your Huxley will be fine. As long as someone swings by checks up on him. Clean water, scoop litter box, and refill bowl of food, so on. I would have toys out for him to play with...