Going away - cat sitter with raw

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who always watches my cats while I'm away. She stays at my house - I love it. This will be her first time sitting with the raw diet. I think I covered everything with her. I'm nervous, though. I do have some canned food in the cabinet in case of emergency. lol  Anything special I should tell her, aside from the usual vet #, CC#, friend's phone # and whatnot?  I always hate leaving my babies.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We went away about 3 weeks ago for the first time since switching to raw, and our babies did fine.  I had huge notes posted on the outside of all the kitchen cabinet doors, extra canned food (just in case), Stella and Chewy's  (just in case), and of course, about a hundred phone number of people to contact.  NONE of it was needed
  I think they ate better for her than they do for me

Hoe you have a good time, wherever you're going!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let her know she can always ask questions here if she creates a log in? :dk: :lol3:

Hope you have a great time - I'm sure all will go well! :clap: :cross: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!  I will write this website down in my long long list of things for her. lol  Unfortunately, I will not even be reachable for most of the time away.

Today my Guseepoo threw up his chicken *ugh* I'm hoping it's nothing and doesn't continue. I'd hate to have her have to clean up after my babies like that and she would probably be worried also. 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go through this every week..... But this week, you can ask a very special "sitter" :)
Our Minka took care of my babies as I was away, and she can probably tell you from her experience as a sitter raw feeding what works, what doesn't, give you tips etc....
I can give you tips, but I guess her experience is probably more interesting, as imho what works for her is what makes the sitting successful and smooth.
Good luck!

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I went away and have been back a few days now. All is well with my babies. They seem well fed and well loved while I was away. I didn't get any stink eye while I was away. PHEW!  I'm going away again for another 5 days this weekend so I hope all goes well again.

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I made it back and my cats are still okay. PHEW!  I got back this Sunday and had no idea there was such a storm coming. I was in the mountains in Lake Placid with no TV or service.  On Monday I went to the doctor because I wasn't feeling well and he forced me to go to the ER. I totally didn't want to go as I didn't feel as if it was emergent. He thought I had a blood clot. In any case, I'm at the ER and ask my sister who is my designated key person to go over and feed my cats and she totally can't find my key. UGH.  Luckily, I didn't have a blood clot and was able to get home before the storm hit and also to feed my cats.  What I learned here is that CLEARLY, my sister can't be trusted with the key.

Boy, did I miss my boys while I was away.  My sitter said they were awesome!  She said Ulysses also looks much thinner.  They are getting their official weight check on Monday at their yearly vet appt. I just can't wait!