God HELP me :(

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tonight my mom came home and told me she saw a dog with something in its mouth and thought it was a cat. She was worried it was one of ours. So i went with her, another car was there with its brights on. They pulled up to us and said they stumbled upon the two dogs and thought the cat was decapated. I got out and found the cat alive, its whole rear end was torn out, guts kind of coming out, just laying there fur all matted eyes wide open, tounge sticking out breathing hard. I about had a heart attack
. One of the dogs was coming back, we honked our horn and i screamed at it, it ran off, I was NOT leaving this cat to die alone or get torn apart from these dogs. One was a Pit Bull and the other was like a german shepard or a mix of, big dogs. It was a huge gray tabby that I think is from someone near that area. It was too late to go knocking on doors. My mom called animal control. I talked comforting to it, telling it was going to a better place and that I was there for it and it was safe. My dad stayed with the cat and a shovel in case the dogs came back, while I ran home because my June Bug somehow got out ( oh this happened about half a block away from our house...) so I get my bug inside and as I am coming back the animal control pull up. The kitty died while I was gone
. The animal control took the cat and said they would further scan for a chip to see if it had owners. They went hunting for the two dogs, but I doubt they will catch them.

You guys it was horrible!!! My mom said the one dog had the cat in its mouth shaking it!!!!!! MY God seeing the cat in that conidition was horrifying, I cant concentrate or do anything!!! I feel sick to my stomach, because i have seen it before, it was suffering and I couldnt do anything to help it. I have been crying ever since, I just cant see why this poor innocent animal was tortured and mangled (sp?). Gody Why?????

Please pray for this cat to cross over the bridge and pray these dogs get caught and the owners get punished.

I am going to make some flyers about keeping your dogs on leashes and secure in your home, because if your dog is aggressive and gets out, it will not only kill cats, but could kill a child, another dog being walked. I am also going to knock on some doors tomorrow to see if anyone is missing a gray tabby
Please give me strength!!! My heart is in pieces right now and I feel awful

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds soo awful I'm sooo sorry you went through it all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wrote a letter to send out to my neighbors informing them of what happened so they can keep an eye out. Please give me your input, is it too much if a child read it? Would you get upset reading this? I dont want to offen anyone. Anything to add??

Dear fellow Neighbors,
I wanted to inform you of an incident that happened the night before. Two dogs, one a pit bull and another light brown big dog were seen with a large gray tabby cat in its mouth shaking it. When I stumbled upon the cat, I thought it was dead, but it was not. Its whole rear end was torn out. The dogs proceeded to linger about, until we shooed them off. I stayed with the cat until it finally passed and animal control came. I do not know if these vicious dogs have been caught, but they can hurt not only your pets but your children. I am asking people to please use a leash when walking a dog, and make sure your dogs are secured in your yard, because someoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s beloved pet was lost last night when it could have been prevented. I feel horrible for the owners of this cat.
Thank you.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that is factual, warning and not too scary to read. What a terrible thing to happen. Poor kitty. I do hope they find those dogs.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry this happened!!
I hope they catch those dogs - they are a menace!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big dogs? The one could have been an american bulldog, mastiff or a mix of those dogs. Pits are medium sized at best. Those breeds are more territorial and could be more of a risk to people, plus are stronger breeds. Color/coat pattern would help, too, since bully breeds are some of the most common dogs kept and come in just about every color.
If the other dog was a german shepard or a mix of that you should have listed that, too, since more details are helpful. Someone may have seen them in someone's home but not connect them to a vague warning about aggressive dogs.

I've been in a similar situation many years ago. My dad's wife (then gf) let their cat out, her 10 year old daughter was outside, too. I wish she never had to see that. The german shepard grabbed their cat before I could stop it and broke the poor kitty's back. It didn't get to do anymore than that because it did get hit with a shovel. We knew who the dog belonged to, that town has no AC, and it was always allowed to run loose though known to be aggressive and a cat killer.

A few years ago I was too slow to stop another incident. Around 5am I heard noise outside. By the time I ran out it was too late - a cur mix (standard hog hunting mix) and a collie had killed a neighbor's kitten in the yard. Again, these dogs were fairly aggressive - I'm not sure if AC caught them.

One of the problems is that many dogs are great in their homes, even good with cats, but once they're running loose all bets are off.
Call AC anytime you see any dog loose.

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How awful!!!!
Poor kitty. At least the kitty had you all and Animal Control there with him/her during the end.
I'm so sorry you had to see all of that and be haunted with that awful sight.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK I am going to have horrible dreams tonight. I cannot imagine how awful that was for you. Gary would have been a hellfire.

Poor, poor kitty.

Play happily over the bridge now, gray kitty.

As to the note, I think it's perfect, and it's thoughtful of you to do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I didnt sleep at all last night it was awful, I kept thinking of how this cat could have been in its nice warm home with its family, it really really broke my heart
. I took all the flyers out to my neighbors and found hte people who were taking care of this cat. They called him Fat Boy, and they sort of adopted him, didnt really own him, but I dont think it had an official home other than these people who fed it and took care of it. The lady owns a daycare at her home and said this cat was the sweetest cat and her son loved him. There was a lady who was picking up her child there and told us she was going to take the cat home because she fell in love with it, but the DC owners son also loved it. I could have had a home
. They are really really sad and upset about what happened.

So I am sure the people who live behind this ladys home have the two dogs. First I remember months ago these people who dont speak good english so it is hard to explain to them about what happened, anywho I saw this black and white big dog, not sure if it was a pit or not, I think it was a mix of. Anywho I saw it jump out of the backyard and was rummaging through garbage. Also today when my cousin and I walked by the side of this house right where the cat was last night, two big like dogs were going crazy back there, making us a bit nervous, my cousin saw one was a brown color but I couldnt see, so i am not sure, there are a lot of brown dogs
. Also the lady who owns the day care, said she has a small dog, who is deaf, well she was on a walk one day and went by this house and began talking to the lady who lives there with their whole family and (this lady is from the house I think the big dogs are at, who also have a chiuahua) the chiuahua attacked the DC owners dog, so she went to grab her dog and this chiuahua held on to her dog as she picked it up.....If a chiuahua acts like that, then I do not want to know how those big dogs act......

I just dont know what to do now, I want the dogs to be dealt with and especially their owners, who I really dont think understand this situation as the grandparents who live there I think dont speak english, I think they are hmong but not sure, so I dont know how to explain in a way about keeping their dogs secured. And is there really anything the SPCA can do to investigate???

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh God..that is horrible. I would also keep contacting animal control for updates. If they would attack a cat like that then any small animal/child is not safe. I cried after I read about what that poor kitty went thru. I cant even imagine. Bless you for being there for the kitty even though it was very hard for you and your family.

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If this helps at all, I would think the cat had gone into shock and wasn't really feeling anything.

But what a horrible thing to see. I'm glad people came to him and he didn't die alone.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I agree; he probably was in shock. I doubt he was feeling much. Cats are a great deal better about death than we humans, I think. There's something about many animals that allows them to simply deal with it, and it's the humans that end up crying.

I'd probably have to be pried off whatever dog owner let his dogs loose and untrained in someone's neighborhood, though. That's the worst sort of irresponsibility.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

OK I am going to have horrible dreams tonight. I cannot imagine how awful that was for you. Gary would have been a hellfire.

Poor, poor kitty.

Play happily over the bridge now, gray kitty.

As to the note, I think it's perfect, and it's thoughtful of you to do that.
Exactly