Gnat issue

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really seem to have a gnat issue and it’s driving me insane. I clean the litter boxes 1-2 times a day but I’m still getting a ton of gnats. I’m also getting them in other areas of the house. I have no food sitting out and I empty the trash daily. I started washing out the cat food cans as well.

I have jars wirh apple cider vinegar/dish soap but that only seems to catch a few. I have a few plug in traps which work decent.

any other ideas to try? They are driving me insane!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, are these the little black ones that come out of plant soil? The only fix for that is to allow the soil that's in the pot to really dry out (if the plant can handle it), and that kills the little things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, are these the little black ones that come out of plant soil? The only fix for that is to allow the soil that's in the pot to really dry out (if the plant can handle it), and that kills the little things.
I don’t have any plants indoors.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm. Are they coming out of the litter bag/container right from the store? What brand/type of litter are you purchasing?

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. Are they coming out of the litter bag/container right from the store? What brand/type of litter are you purchasing?
No it’s not coming from there. I use cats pride from Walmart.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just ordered some more zevo plug-ins. Maybe one isn’t enough