Glitter in Coats

Sunnykaren

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m new and not used to writing in forums. We just got a rescued brown torbie kitten. Was astonished at how her fur reflects light (more noticeable in photographs)
I never knew about furreflecting light like that. my sister said our kitten must have bengal in it. A cousin said there are coats like that (rare) in horses also.
i’m also becoming “nerdy” about the “glitter” and trying to find out more about this neat looking fur type…..if it is rare or not.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m new and not used to writing in forums. We just got a rescued brown torbie kitten. Was astonished at how her fur reflects light (more noticeable in photographs)
I never knew about furreflecting light like that. my sister said our kitten must have bengal in it. A cousin said there are coats like that (rare) in horses also.
i’m also becoming “nerdy” about the “glitter” and trying to find out more about this neat looking fur type…..if it is rare or not.
What a beauty!!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!
My orange-marmalade boy's tail is shiny and sparkles, but only his tail. I'd never seen anything like it :redheartpump::sunshine:

screennametaken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your bbys are so adorable!!! They are also very pretty and I'm glad I'm not the only one curious about this haha! I'm not sure if it's rare but I've never had a cat with this kind of coat before.

I would also love to know more about this! I adopted a mystery mutt cat and her coat looks iridescent in the light. I'll attach a photo. I've also never seen anything like it! It's hard to get a picture of it because my camera doesn't know where to focus but it's noticable off camera as well. From far away it just looks like she's super super shiny. If you zoom on the pic you can see all of the colors that come out.

Attachments