Glass Disaster

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey guys.
I’m feeling stupid for this one. :headshake:
I broke some glass today and the sound scared my cat. She started to leave the room and walked a bit through the glass at the very edge. (No big pieces) My dad tried to stop her to see if she had any glass in her feet and she ran away from him and ran into the coffee table and hit her side on one of the edges. We didn’t find any glass or cuts on her feet, but is there anything we need to look out for? Do I need to be worried about her running into the coffee table?
Thank you!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Clean up the area very well but if she doesn't have any visible cuts she should be fine. Cats pads are thicker then the normal human skin plus their low weight means glass is less likely to cut them if stepped on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka Thank you for your help! Also I assume if she doesn’t seem like she’s in pain I shouldn’t worry about her running into the coffee table? I’m probably overthinking this...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kieka Kieka Thank you for your help! Also I assume if she doesn’t seem like she’s in pain I shouldn’t worry about her running into the coffee table? I’m probably overthinking this...
If she doesn't show pain, is eating fine and pooping fine then she likely is fine. It is a good idea to keep an eye out for signs of a problem but don't stress yourself too much about it. My boy broke his leg a few years back and got bruising bad enough I could see the bruise through his white fur. He didn't show much pain outwardly and the vet told me to just make sure he was eating and pooping normally (for that part of the problem at least).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she doesn't show pain, is eating fine and pooping fine then she likely is fine. It is a good idea to keep an eye out for signs of a problem but don't stress yourself too much about it. My boy broke his leg a few years back and got bruising bad enough I could see the bruise through his white fur. He didn't show much pain outwardly and the vet told me to just make sure he was eating and pooping normally (for that part of the problem at least).
Thank you so much for your kind and helpful answer! I hope your boy is doing better. Have a great day!