Giving your kitty kisses in front of other people....

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL yeah!

They say you should greet your spouse the same way you greet your pets, but it's kind of awkward to convert it to a human interaction. Back when I lived with my parents and my birds were in an open space rather than a closed off room, I would walk in the door and yell (in a pet-talking baby voice, but people other than me might say I sound like a maniac) CHICKEEENNNNSSS, run down the stairs, and jump out from behind a wall so they'd see me and get crazy excited and riled up, and then smush my nose into their faces and they'd give kisses. Likewise, I don't know how willing I would be to get scooped up and given a face smear and belly rubs, but either way neither of us are getting the kind of greetings we give our pets. :p

I started transferring some of how I act with the cats to my boyfriend. Like when I walk out of my office, I'll say "hi kitten" (to Kismet), "hi cat" (to Mo), and "hi hooman" (to the boyfriend), haha.

Last edited:

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I started transferring some of how I act with the cats to my boyfriend. Like when I walk out of my office, I'll say "hi kitten" (to Kismet), "hi cat" (to Mo), and "hi hooman" (to the boyfriend), haha.
HAHAHAH its so funny you mentioned this.

i had a similar experience when i interacted with the BF like i did with the cats. Usually he leaves for work either before me, or with me. So when i leave the room, i always say to my cats "i love you Charlie, I love you Jet. Be good, and don't fight"

this one day  i had to leave earlier than usual, and the BF was still in bed, but awake. as i walked out of the bed room i said the same to him, after saying to my cats, "i love you ivan, be good, and don't fight" and he just looked at me all confused. LOLOLOL

zyflybye1201

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my! Zy gets cuddled, kissed, spoiled and babied nomatter who sees or who is around. If my bf stays the night we wake up to zy just meowing in our face to cuddle witg dad. Animals arent pets, they are family. Would you kiss and hug your child infront of people?

meowkittymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have pictures of me giving our cats kisses on Facebook, both my daughter and husband do it too. I'm not embarrassed at all! 

panpiper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was somewhat taken aback by the OP. I am male, show lots of overt affection to not just my own cat, but any cat, and have never for a second ever questioned whether or not I should. You are harming no one by showing affection, so there is absolutely nothing unethical about it. If you are concerned about your image... Well... Women are MUCH more likely to be interested in a man who can visibly demonstrate compassion. As for the opinion of men, any man who will think less of me for having such compassion is not a man I want anywhere near my life.

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I TRY to give my fur-babies kisses alone and with friends/family/guests/etc....both of them deflect them, though! I'll hold them on their backs like babies and lean in for smooches and all i get is a paw on my lips and a look that says "mooooommmm! Grossssss!" :lol3:
The little one occasionally let's me kiss her wittle cheeks, and will even lick my cheeks in return. :clap: But only if no one is looking....i suppose it's the same as with human children :jive: