Giving the same amount of food each day?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

Did you get my PM, I sent you the carb percentages for BG on a DMB, the numbers are much lower than you think
Yes, I did; I'll need to email them to get more numbers. thanks

kittymama2000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One thing that could be done if necessary, is this. Feed your cats only/ usually when you are home. Seperate your cats food, if you can (this won't work if your cats are ones that hardly ever eat all of their food at feeding time). If you have to, have either your cat on a diet eat his food in a seperate place, such as the bathroom with the door closed. Check on each cat to see how much food they have eaten. When most of your other cats food is gone, and the kitty on a diet is done/ mostly done, then let him out. Makes me think of a friend of mine. She has 5 cats. One is on a special urinary tract health diet, one is on special food due to having many allergies and the remaining three are on regular food. Without being monitored, there could be a slight mess. One cat might eat food not good for him/ her, or they might not get enough to eat (if the other cats were inclined to eat the food of the cats on a special diet). Another thing here is this. With multiple cats, unless you feed your cats at a time when you will be home long enough for most of the cat food fed to be eaten, you won't really know who has eaten how much, even if you give one bowl of food per cat. You might get half eaten, and then the rest is eaten by one cat, meaning that one cat gets 3/4 of the food and the other 1/4, for example.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymama2000

One thing that could be done if necessary, is this. Feed your cats only/ usually when you are home. Seperate your cats food, if you can (this won't work if your cats are ones that hardly ever eat all of their food at feeding time). If you have to, have either your cat on a diet eat his food in a seperate place, such as the bathroom with the door closed. Check on each cat to see how much food they have eaten. When most of your other cats food is gone, and the kitty on a diet is done/ mostly done, then let him out. Makes me think of a friend of mine. She has 5 cats. One is on a special urinary tract health diet, one is on special food due to having many allergies and the remaining three are on regular food. Without being monitored, there could be a slight mess. One cat might eat food not good for him/ her, or they might not get enough to eat (if the other cats were inclined to eat the food of the cats on a special diet). Another thing here is this. With multiple cats, unless you feed your cats at a time when you will be home long enough for most of the cat food fed to be eaten, you won't really know who has eaten how much, even if you give one bowl of food per cat. You might get half eaten, and then the rest is eaten by one cat, meaning that one cat gets 3/4 of the food and the other 1/4, for example.
But I only have one cat???