Giving Away Kittens

Mimisarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
mybcar had kittens about 11 weekend ago. Yesterday we have one of them away to a friend. My cat has been crying all night looking for the kitten, i there anything I can do to comfort her or make this transition easier. We are looking to give her other kitten away, is there anything I can do differently with this one to help my Cat adjust to not having the kittens any more ?

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there and welcome to TCS!
Oh no! That is so sad :-(

How old are the kittens?
I would comfort her as much as possible giving her a lot of love and attention :-)
I would also go to a vet and spay her ASAP as she can get pregnant again very fast!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
She will recover in time. Just give her a lot of love and cuddling, and keep her busy. If she starts looking ungroomed or depressed then you may have a bigger problem but I don't think it should get to that. Make sure she is kept busy with the other kittens.

Good Luck!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is this upset, I suggest that you wait until 16 weeks to re-home the other kitten.

Do you plan to spay the mother cat?

She does not need to have another litter.

Do you need help finding a low-cost spay clinic? Give your city and state and I will give you links.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimisarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there and welcome to TCS!
Oh no! That is so sad :-(

How old are the kittens?
I would comfort her as much as possible giving her a lot of love and attention :-)
I would also go to a vet and spay her ASAP as she can get pregnant again very fast!
The kittens are 11 weeks old. Yes I’m going to get her spayed, the vet said I have to wait a bit as the kittens where occasionally drinking from her. I mean they ate dry food but as Mom was there they ate from her too.

Mimisarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she is this upset, I suggest that you wait until 16 weeks to re-home the other kitten.

Do you plan to spay the mother cat?

She does not need to have another litter.

Do you need help finding a low-cost spay clinic? Give your city and state and I will give you links.
Yes I want to get her spayed as soon as I can. Okay thank you wil will wait before we give away the other one.
Bluffton, South Carolina.

Mimisarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She will recover in time. Just give her a lot of love and cuddling, and keep her busy. If she starts looking ungroomed or depressed then you may have a bigger problem but I don't think it should get to that. Make sure she is kept busy with the other kittens.

Good Luck!!
Thank you !

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
SNAC looks like a winner for low-cost spay and neuter. It's about 35 minutes from Bluffton, and charges $30 for a neuter and $40 for a spay.

Let us know if this will work for you! :)

Mimisarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
SNAC looks like a winner for low-cost spay and neuter. It's about 35 minutes from Bluffton, and charges $30 for a neuter and $40 for a spay.

Let us know if this will work for you! :)
Those prices are great! Thanks!!! I will call tomorrow and get an appointment for her.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great!! Please encourage the adopters to go there as well! The kittens are a great age to be fixed now.