Girl Scout Cookies....do You Buy?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's time for cookies again! One of my co-workers has two Brownies, so he brought in the list. I ordered 3 boxes of Thin Mints, a box of Samoas, and a box of TinFoils (I think they're called). Rick will scarf down the Mints, I know he will. We like the cookies.

Do you buy them?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Do you mean Trefoils? :)

I see that DH's "dealer" is back in town, as a box of Thin Mints and the peanut butter ones suddenly appeared. I don't normally eat them, though.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't buy Girl Scout cookies myself but do enjoy them that others buy and share. There's someone at work who is our Girl Scout cookie "dealer" as someone called her the other day :lol: I guess her niece or other young relative is involved with Girl Scouts. At the last job there were people in upper management who relentlessly hawked Girl Scout cookies for their kids and it became a serious competition to see who could sell the most at work.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We don't have the different varieties of Girl Guides (as they're known in Canada) cookies here. But we do have the mint ones in the spring. Yum. :yummy:

And in the fall they sell a box with half vanilla cream cookies, and half chocolate cream. Also yummy. :yummy:

They rarely come door to door anymore, but if they have a table at the grocery store, I will usually buy a box, to support the guides. And because they're so delicious. :yummy:

Just curious, how much is a box of Girl Scout cookies in the US? Here in Canada, they're $5.00 a box now! :eek3:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went several years without buying but my current hair stylist is a troop leader whose daughter sold 1,000 boxes last year. I kind of have to buy from her when I get my hair cut. Worth it to keep the person with the scissors happy.

Since I am really seriously trying to loose some weight over here, I am going to give the boxes I buy to my niece to take home to her Mom's. They can have the calories and sugar load. If they go to my house, I will eat them.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't bought any in years. The price goes up every year but the amount going to the troops doesn't seem to. At least that's what I've been told. How much are they this year? Are they up to $7 a box yet? :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a girl scout (I guess I still am because we got lifetime memberships with the extra money we had at the end of my senior year), they were $2.50, and it was easy to convince people to buy 2 for $5. Then they went up to $3 and that ruined that sales strategy.

Haven't ordered in years. I will buy a box if I see them in front of a store. But trying to lose weight, not too many!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was a girl scout (I guess I still am because we got lifetime memberships with the extra money we had at the end of my senior year), they were $2.50, and it was easy to convince people to buy 2 for $5. Then they went up to $3 and that ruined that sales strategy.

Haven't ordered in years. I will buy a box if I see them in front of a store. But trying to lose weight, not too many!
I sold them in the late 70's. I can't remember how much they cost. We used to sell them door to door in our uniforms.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dislike Girl Scout Cookies, although my husband likes the Thin Mints.
I won't buy them because he'll eat the whole box in one sitting.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The chocolate covered peanut butter ones of the best! My husband likes the thin mints. I don’t buy them though as we need to lose weight, not gain.

Around here I think the gluten-free ones are $6 and the regular are $5 or $5.50.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Samoas are the best. It even says so here A Complete Ranking of the Best Girl Scout Cookie Flavors

If anyone likes them, Keebler has a dupe that's available year round.
Yeeesssss. . .I love 'em. They're so sweet they hurt my teeth but I still love 'em.

I haven't gotten the Girl Scout ones for a few years though, just the Keebler kind. I suppose I would buy GS cookies if asked personally, but it's too easy to walk by when they're outside Walmart.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually pick up some at a booth sale. I don't order them. I rarely carry cash and it never fails that the cookies come in when I don't have cash on me. I like the Do-si-does, the Smores and the Thin Mints. I remember selling them many many years ago for 50 cents a box. The Do-si-does were a favorite of mine then too, they were called Butternut Roundups then.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was wrong, I've bought seven boxes so far but none are for me oreaten by me. There is a caramel chocolate chip one that is new this year and a pregnant coworker wanted it. She couldn't find a troop with it but my hair stylis had one box. So I picked it up for her and when others heard I had to pick up cookies for them too.