Ginger Getting Spayed

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
I took my little Ginger to the vet this morning to get spayed (I hope I spelled that right). She was not happy this morning as she was hungry. She had not had anything to eat or drink since last night and was complaining. She also did not enjoy the ride to the vet in her carrier. She will be coming home tomorrow morning and I miss her. Do you have any tips and suggestions for her care when she comes home?
Jack

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Ask the vet to tell you EVERYTHING. She will likely need to be kept from running and jumping.
Ask how the incision was closed, whether with glue or stitches.....sometimes you'll see an extra line parallel to the incision, which is just a guide line.
Ask if she can eat normally.
Ask if you can send in a picture of the incision if you have questions about how it is healing.
Good luck :)

Last edited:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J Jack B you have done the right thing!

I concur with Furballsmom Furballsmom and also suggest keeping her quiet and away from the household hubbub especially if you have little kids, big dogs or any size cats around.

Most times it goes perfectly well but keep an eye out.

And let us know how it goes!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It is great that your vet kept Ginger overnight. Usually vets send the cat home the same day and they are wobbly and sometimes disoriented. Your girl should be acting more normally and feeling better. The biggest challenge after a spay is keeping the cat from jumping around too much. It can help to confine them to a boring room like a bedroom for a day or two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thank you for the tips. I'll be going to bring her home this morning and was planning on staying here in the house with her. No kids or dogs here so that is not an issue. There is a spot on the floor across from my comfy chair where she likes to lay and I have a new kitty bed for here there. I'll keep you all updated and thanks again.
Jack

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
My little Ginger is doing just fine. Actually to watch her you would never know she had surgery two days ago. She was so cute when I picked her up. When the young lady brought her out and she was still about twenty feet away I said "Theres my little Gin Gin" and she let out the loudest meow. Guess she was happy to see me. Here are a couple snappies. Her incision and stitches look great. This vet here is the best. I just love my little kitty. Well she's not so little anymore. They grow up too fast.
Have a great day.
Gin.jpg
Stitches.jpg