Gibby and I are new here

gibby's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I just got a kitten last night. He is 8 weeks old and my fiance and I have named him Gibson, or "Gibby" for short. He is full of hyper energy and is starting to get used to our Basset Hound. Our biggest problem is that the Basset Hound has an obsession with licking Gibby. Gibby just lays there and doesn't seem to mind but he is a slobbery mess after his "bath". HAHA. Here are some pictures of Gibby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gibby's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! He is quite a character.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, Gibby is adorable!
Welcome to TCS!!!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS
. Your cat has stolen my
. I am a sucker for black and white/tuxedo cats

gibby's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has stolen my heart already too. Poor Gibs has his first vet appointment in about 30 minutes. I called to get him an appointment because it usually takes a week or so to get in but they had an open spot this afternoon so we will be off to the vet in a half hour.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gibby's Mom

He has stolen my heart already too. Poor Gibs has his first vet appointment in about 30 minutes. I called to get him an appointment because it usually takes a week or so to get in but they had an open spot this afternoon so we will be off to the vet in a half hour.
I hope he gets a good veterinarian report
. Let us know how it goes. that he is found to be as healthy as he is cute

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know I have a twin for Gibson available for adoption, right?

gibby's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet says Gibby is a healthy little kitten. The only "negative" thing he had to report is that Gibby is a little underweight, which I already suspected because he is a tad bit on the lean side. Nothing a little extra loving can't fix though.

\tYou know I have a twin for Gibson available for adoption, right?
Haha, If you can talk my fiance into letting me have him I will take him. LOL! I was lucky he FINALLY agreed to let me get Gibby.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions.

gibby's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*squeal* how cute! Gibby was a nickname for my cat at my parents house. Pronounced with a strong G sound or more of a J sound. I had a cat at my parents house that I named Ghibli. We called him Mr.Ghibs when he was in trouble or Gibby for short but the G is pronounced with more of a J sound.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gibby's Mom

Haha, If you can talk my fiance into letting me have him I will take him. LOL! I was lucky he FINALLY agreed to let me get Gibby.
Ha! Where have we heard this before? This is the way it always starts with the anti-cat people

Gibby's too cute! Not that I'm partial to b/w cats or anything

Welcome!

amandak21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
awwww i
Gibby!!!

i'm sure he looks even cuter after his "basset bath" lol

Welcome!