Ghibli has noseboogies!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's got crusties on the edges of his nose.. and lemme tell you, a white kitten wih pink nostrils lined in dark crusties am not attractive... a- Is it normal to get nose crusties? b- what do I do to get them clear.. as I imagine they're not GOOD even if they are normal.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats get them all the time. I just wipe their noses gently with a damp paper towel. This at least loosens them so they will come off eventually. Pearl gets them bad enough to almost block her nostrils, so I have to use a Q-tip to catch them at the edge and kind of roll them out, never actually inserting tht Q-tip into her nose. She doesn't seem to mind, but the others hate to have their noses wiped.
The things we do for our furballs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he won't let me.. eventually if I keep trying he makes this noise like I'm killing him, and Ifeel so bad that I stop before I've even gotten anywhere.. :/ I shall try a wet washcloth or something.. it's odd that my other two don't get them..

akbeck98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I searched and found your post! I have 2 kittens from the same litter, but my male - lighter color cat get those nose boogers all the time. I just use the q - tip wet method. He doesn't mind, but I am curious if its normal? I'm going to ask the vet when they got in the be neutered and spayed to see. Anyone insight....does your cat still have them???

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's dark/dirty looking. It's dirt/dust that has dried on a wet nose. It's more evident in light colored cats since it blends in with darker cats. I just use my finger nail to wipe it out when I see it.

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sparkles has bogies too ! All of my girls probably have them but Sparkles is the only one with white fur around her nose so it's more noticeable. I just use the tip of a fingernail to gently scrape it away.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

He's got crusties on the edges of his nose.. and lemme tell you, a white kitten wih pink nostrils lined in dark crusties am not attractive... a- Is it normal to get nose crusties? b- what do I do to get them clear.. as I imagine they're not GOOD even if they are normal.
Java had those a lot as a kitten. either they've gone away or she's gotten better at cleaning herself. i just wet a tissue & rubbed until they were gone. she didn't like it much, tho.

kitty_cat_lover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ah! my cat has a simaler problem, thouygh it's not nose crusty's.... o_~ he litterly SNEEZES icky kitty kittyboogie's EVERYWHERE! (you don't want to know what he does after that...trust me) the vet gave us some exspenceve stuff to give him that work's for about an houre or two..and then stop's! I'd like to know what to do, really....because this is seiriously getting annoying.....and i'm so close to barfing now. also, sometime's it block's one of his nostrel's and sometime's that worry's me...though I just wipe it away....OO'' but then...he sneezes not to long after words...>> BADLY.

KCL