Getting surgery tomorrow...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an update! And it's GREAT news!!!!!!
The mass was just damaged inflamed tissue, NO CANCER!!!:bliss::jive::woo::woohoo:
The only bacteria present was Pasteurella, which my vet was surprised as it's usually found in rabbits and not cats, but because of the damage in his nasal cavity, pretty much anything, can get in there and fester. It may have been in there since when he still was at the shelter, who knows? He's never really gotten rid of this sinus infection to begin with.
The antibiotic he's on right now (for the extraction), is also a good one to treat this bacteria as well, so that's good too! But my vet wants to give me an extension of the current antibiotic, so I'll have to pick that up next week.
The only thing she did say was that unfortunately, he will be prone to sinus infections for life, but there are lots of things we can do to help prevent it like the eye drops and saline drops, air humidity, reducing allergens etc...

Anyway, I'm just elated that Bynx will be OK!!!
Dyson air purifiers are expensive. But they work great. I have one set to Auto in the litterbox/bathroom hallway that turns on by itself every time Krista uses the litterbox (dust) or I take a shower (humidity.). I have another next to the kitchen that turns on when I use the stove (smoke.) I have not set off the smoke detector since I put that one there. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oof, it would be worth it just for that!
I’m such a winter wimp. I put it there because it’s also an extremely safe heater too. I like to point it and the hallway one at me and sit in the middle of these heat currents, coffee in hand, cat in lap. Best way to take the chill out of a winter morning.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m such a winter wimp. I put it there because it’s also an extremely safe heater too. I like to point it and the hallway one at me and sit in the middle of these heat currents, coffee in hand, cat in lap. Best way to take the chill out of a winter morning.
We are so behind the times with our gigundo HEPA filter that doesn't heat! :lol: I am going to have to look into these for replacement purposes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put it there because it’s also an extremely safe heater too.
Which model do you have? And what square footage does it heat?
I have air purifiers (not dyson) that we use in our main living area, and also one in our bedroom.
The thing is, we also heat with electric baseboards (yuck$$$$$) so in the winter I only use 2 in the house (our bedroom and sometimes the one in the spare room) and use a space heater for the main area. Our basement is thankfully heated with a natural gas fireplace/stove. Let's just say, we keep a cool house for the most part (which is healthier anyway, so that's good...)
The Dyson hot/cool would be something I would watch sales on IF the heating on it works well.
We are saving up to replace all the old juice sucking baseboards in the house we'll get it done eventually.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which model do you have? And what square footage does it heat?
I have air purifiers (not dyson) that we use in our main living area, and also one in our bedroom.
The thing is, we also heat with electric baseboards (yuck$$$$$) so in the winter I only use 2 in the house (our bedroom and sometimes the one in the spare room) and use a space heater for the main area. Our basement is thankfully heated with a natural gas fireplace/stove. Let's just say, we keep a cool house for the most part (which is healthier anyway, so that's good...)
The Dyson hot/cool would be something I would watch sales on IF the heating on it works well.
We are saving up to replace all the old juice sucking baseboards in the house we'll get it done eventually.
I have two of the HP-02's and one TP-04 (Pure Cool Link, no heat.) The TP-04 has reversible air flow and an excellent array of sensors. The HP-04, the newest Pure Hot Cool with Wifi, also has reversible air flow and the upgraded array of sensors. It however has a limitation with the app and the heater element. They have all but disabled the heater element in the app to comply with some UL standard I don't care about. For that reason, I bought a second HP-02 last month when I decided I wanted another rather than getting an HP-04. If you don't care about the reversible air flow and the upgraded sensors, you can get an HP-02 for about $200 less than the HP-04. If you don't care about any of the smartphone features, you can save another $100 and get the HP-01.

The heater element works great for small rooms. For larger rooms, like a long living room or a hotel room--I travel with one when I can because it's quieter than their wall units--it will work. But it will take more effort and energy. What I like best about the HP-02 is being able to adjust the temperature targets from my phone whether I am across the room or across town.

The "cool" component is just a fan. The TP/DP units are better for cooling only because their air flow loop is larger. These Dysons are not great fans unless you're sitting in front of one.

Last edited:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You must be so relieved that's absolutely wonderful news. Give Binx a hug from me.:woo:

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem