Getting ready to move with Snowy need advice asap

cats&kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay guys I'm moving to another state in couple of weeks and need to know how to prepare Snowy for road trip one of them be next week an hour in same state where I live and then couple weeks I be moving a 7 hour road trip to St. Louis Mo so I have a friend who going to let borrow her cat carrier for Snowy now what do I need for the 7 hour road trip?

Snowy never been outside and she never been on a leach.

seaturtleswims

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would see if you can borrow a wire dog crate, like a medium sized one. That way you can fit a small litter pan with a little bit of litter in there with the cat. You don't want to travel 7 hours and find out first thing your cat needs a bath bc it peed on itself in a normal cat carrier #beentheredonethatyuck

Something kinda like this? (not my cat just an example lol)

Additionally you might not want to feed them breakfast the day of the move if your cat doesn't travel often, the trip may give him an upset stomach.

Some people buy calming collars to help their cat travel, which if you cat travels well in a car may not be necessary but if they are unfamiliar with car rides might benefit them

When you land at your destination, I would put the cat in the "safe room" with a litter box in a bathroom, spare bedroom something, and shut the door. Leave it alone till all the unloading off the truck is done to minimize the stress on her. If it's a big house, you might think about restricting her to a certain room or floor until she knows where her litter box is going to be, but if you're moving to an apartment that might not be a concern ;)

I've moved with my cats 6 times since I got them and this strategy helps me with them on long trips and moves! Hope this helps :D

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats&kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay and my friend be driving me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats&kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Snowy update
She took traveling in the car well after she demanding to be in front with me and our new house Snowy not hiding in fear anymore and she roam the house when my sister dogs are outside and be getting a dog gate today