Getting blood out of the carpet!

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have no idea where to post this as it's only partly cat related... Echo 'lost' a claw a few days ago and left red pawprints all over... I managed to get most cleaned up but yesterday it started again, only worse. I wiped what I could on hard surfaces, scrubbed carpet with wet towels, but there was a lot! Anyhow, does anyone have a magic formula for getting mostly-dry blood out of carpets?

Took him in today of course and found out he'd gotten a claw hooked in a pad, which is what made things worse, and he got a once-over, a shot and is now fine and happy at home again, but I'm a complete wreck... place no longer looks like an abattoire, no longer 'red', just half scrubbed big spots all over... is there something particular to use on them please? Thx for any ideas!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, you might try some hydrogen peroxide (test it in an out of eyesight location first to be sure it won't cause any issues)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, will do! There are too many answers on Google!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peroxide saved everything from DS’s favorite stuffed raccoon when he put his little baby teeth into his lip when he was tiny to DH’s entire outfit when he had a run-in with a lawnmower blade. The ER nurse told us that trick. I haven’t ruined anything yet but I would be careful with your carpet because I’ve never tried that one.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m still researching carpet cleaning vacuums…some of the smaller, hand held varieties seem made for pet disasters and come w/ hardcore cleaning supplies.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have one of those little ones (and a very old bigger one I'm trying to keep) and they are good for all kinds of odd places.

I hope Mooch n' noodles DH was OK!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Folex. The best carpet cleaning solution there is. Years ago I spilled some hair dye on the rug and had to go find something to TRY to get the stain out. I found this at Wal Mart. My expectations were really low. It proved me very wrong This stuff works like a charm. I have yet to find a stain it cannot vanquish.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B0V5GG/?tag=thecatsite

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but I don't think we have that in Canada.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Note about the Folex on Amazon. I've never tried it and was reading the Amazon reviews. It sounds great, then found this review one star reviews and it's possible there is a knock off problem, though it also got great reviews. Just a heads up here.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same
Reviewed in the United States on May 2, 2022
Scent: Odor FreeSize: 32 Fl Oz (Pack of 3)Verified Purchase
I’ve been using Folex cleaner for years and had always bought it from a leading retail store however I couldn’t find it recently and decided to order it from Amazon. However I received these bottles and noticed that they didn’t look the same - very similar but not quite the same and the product inside seems like water. I put my distrust aside and have used it for several stains and pet accidents on my carpet and can verify that it absolutely does not clean the same way that the legitimate Folex does....

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
didn't mean to sound like I was saying the stuff was bad, looks pretty good, I just meant that Amazon seemed to be having a difficulty. Glad it's available elsewhere.