Getting A Semi Wild Cat To Toilet

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Ziwipeak is New Zealand based, right? They have a feeding calculator for kittens so their food would be ok for your babies.

Also, catinfo.org has a lot of cat nutrition info and CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat is a source of information as well - if you haven't looked into it maybe Amazon ships to your area without being horribly expensive?
In any case, Ziwipeak, being local for you might be less expensive for you, as opposed to us here in the states :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mummacat123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, found a cat poo on the carpet mat (well actually she'd lifted it so it was in between two pieces) and not in the box! -sigh-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mummacat123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update!

Time for an update.
Mumma cat never learnt to be good with toileting but she did get desexed (i even managed to get her into a large carrier and the vets managed to put her under anesthetic without needing to net her). The kittens have gone up for adoption at the rescue i work for and i decided just to keep Mumma. After recovering from her desex Mum was let outside. It will be a week tomorrow since she was let outside. She eats under the house and has some bedding under there but basically lives in the bushy garden and under the house when it rains. I've seen her about every second day but she's hard to spot. If she sees me she scuttles away. I don't know that she has explored the whole yard and area yet, i suspect not, i think where she is right now is her safe place. She used to get very close to the people at her old home to get the cat food they were giving their own cat, so i hope she will eventually come closer to me again...such a shame that she had got so tame that it feels backwards. She ate the food and toileted from day 1 (she poos on the lawn), which i hope means she is less stressed than when i put her in the room which took her 5-6 days before she ate/drank/toileted.
Today when i fed her i came back half an hour later and the wet food was eaten, so i may just have to on sunny days sit outside in the yard where i can see the food bowl and see if she'll eat it while im at a safe distance and over time work my way closer and closer again. I wonder if she just thinks I am this person that trapped her and imprisoned her for 2 months. At least she has a home whether she remains feral or not.