Getting A Bengal Soon... Any Suggestions??

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are a family of 9 (3 of those furbabies, a 3 year old shorkie and two 11 week old Siamese kittens) and we were looking at adding another kitten to our family. I am and always will be an animal lover, same with my husband and children. Our pets are our family. Our shorkie has passed her puppy stage so is very loving and affectionate, although she does love the kittens and loves to play. Our 2 Siamese kittens are pretty hyper but we've always owned Siamese so we are used to this and have always known what to expect with kittens/growing up etc. But now my question is, we're looking at adding another kitten and I have fallen in love with everything I have heard/read/seen about Bengals. They sound like everything we could want in a cat and so much more. Not to mention it has always been my dream to own one... We would be getting the kitten in a few weeks. Is there any suggestions you have for me? Or advice? Or things I should/shouldn't do? Any recommendations? Things I need to know? ANY info would be wonderful as I know every cat is different so I would love to hear personal stories/experiences. I also just had a few questions about them. Everything I've read kind of contradicts the other as some sites say they are very affectionate and others say the opposite. How is your Bengal? As a kitten and when growing up? Did they get along with your children? What about other pets? Does yours love the outside and water? Looking forward to reading your stories and answers.
Thanks in advance everyone!!! Ps, I uploaded a picture of our 2 Siamese beauties for everyone to see

Attachments

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw your thread about the one Siamese kitten you brought home last week being really scared..
Maybe another new kitten, especially with high energy such as a Bengal, wouldn't be a great idea until she grows some and is more confident/comfortable in her home.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Your Siamese are very cute! I do agree that you should wait a little, just until your Siamese kitten is more settled.

Have you found a Bengal breeder yet? If not, I’d definitely recommend checking out some cat shows in your area. TICA and CFA both accept Bengals, however, they are newer in CFA, so there will probably be more at a TICA show.

TICA: Cat Shows - Official TICA Show Calendar

CFA: Show Calendar

When you do decide to bring home a new kitten, regardless of whether it’s a Bengal or any other breed, it’s always important to gradually introduce them to the resident cats. This is a great guide: How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there, thanks everyone! We wouldn't be getting the Bengal for another few weeks and our newest Siamese has had time to adjust and is the sweetest little girl who loves to chase her brother around the house lol. I'm sure another kitten would only add to their fun. As I said it wouldn't be for a few weeks anyways and since both Siamese are doing well, I thought it would be a great idea to get the Bengal while they are all close in age.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure the Bengal is around the other cats from almost day one.
And go to Lowes and get a hammer and a box of nails. Use these to nail down everything you own. :lol: