Getting a 8 week old kitten to eat hard food

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why you would want to feed dry.  Even if you have "a lot of it" doesn't mean that it's a good idea.  If you had a lot of food that you didn't like or wasn't healthy for you would you still eat it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I don't understand why you would want to feed dry.  Even if you have "a lot of it" doesn't mean that it's a good idea.  If you had a lot of food that you didn't like or wasn't healthy for you would you still eat it?
I like dry food I prefer it, it helps keep teeth a little cleaner then wet would. and I have plenty of food I don't like that I have to eat and all my food is healthy!

thebee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
morganalefae morganalefae
Dry food doesn't clean their teeth actually. It creates more tar/plaque. Brushing their teeth or giving them some raw chicken necks helps with cleaning of teeth.

I have nothing against the dry feeding though. People can only afford and feed what they can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know it's been awhile since I posted here on this thread I started but here ya go. My little Banshee is past 16 weeks old an is playing with her little boyfriend Sheamus! thus far there as been no mounting but he has been meowing more but like I said no mounting. When we go out we do put one of them in a good size dog cage with plenty of room to play eat and use the potty just in case of the food/drink and potty thing and breeding to early dont want that. Also she sleeps in the bedroom with us so no hanky panky going on for the cats.

I would let to state I now find the only way to really keep your pets teeth clean is cleaning them yourself. I find both wet and dry add to build of of nasty stuff in your pets mouth. I would also like for someone else to confirm if they have tried feeding raw chicken necks to their cats and if so did anything happend?

I would also like to state they are being feed bother wet and dry just to keep them happy. And Banshee is now eating hard food. shortly after my post here we took her to the vet got her the first shots and then went back a week or so later for the second set was found she lost weight at which she was looked over by a vet and the vet talked about a tiny parasite the lives in a cats gut that "normally" is not  problem unless they are young and or sick i.e low immune system which could also make her not want to eat hard food to much energy wasted. We then were given a different wormer. By the second does she was running around the house like the devil was on her tail and by the end of the 3-4 day worming she is a totally different cat.

I have since contacted a local cat breed club who put me in touch with a local breeder near who as taken me under their wing an first order of business was to completly forget what the other breeder told me followed by having me contacting the breed club the other breeder was in and told them what was going on etc (turns out she lost her flaming mind) she has since been removed off their breeder list and seems to have retired.

The breeder suggested if I do plan to breed banshee to wait at lest 18 months but in my little females case could maybe wait til she is 24 months because that parasite took so much from here as a baby.