Get your bootie out of the broom closet!!!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a deck of Tarot cards (The Cat People, imagine that) that I use in situations where I'm facing a difficult decison and find it hard to make up my mind. I've found that laying out the cards (or even pulling one randomly out of the deck) and reading the definitions given in the handbook help me clear up what I'm unsure about. It's all intuitive, and I've found that what definiton causes the strongest reaction or gives me that "gut" feeling often has to do with the answer to the problem I'm trying to resolve. I've never read for anyone else, and probably never will. But, I've found that it's given me a form of communication with my subconcious mind.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fairly new to Witchcraft, since I was raised in a Bible belt town, where anything different is 'devil worship'.

I still struggle with people I have known for years admonishing me for not having baptised my kids, and not carting them off to Sunday school every Sunday morning. I work with a lot of zealots who think its their duty to 'show me the way' and pull me from the grips of my evil ways. These same people ask me to bring in my Tarot cards, and read for them

I'm tired of having to defend myself against these onslaughts- am I ever going to be accepted for what I am? I never shove it in anyones face- the only reason they even know I'm pagan is because after being asked time and again why I wouldn't attend the church functions of my coworkers I finally told them. I have only one person at my workplace who respects my beliefs- but we feel the need for secrecy because of all the crap we get from the others. Do any of you have problems like this? Its so frustrating.

I so wish there was a legitimate coven in my area that I could be a part of
Its so lonely sometimes, the one thing I DO miss from my church days is the sense of community.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Melissa, there are listings for groups and individuals on www.witchvox.com .

Witchvox is sometimes more "out there" than I would like, as far as their articles, but their contacts list is amazing. They also have listings for local stores.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sue
I know whats going to occupy my morning- thats a big site to search

As a side note I love the picture in the upper left hand corner of the first page.

We have one pagan shop in this area, that I'm aware of- but its 2 1/2 hours away. Its called Little Mysteries, and I just love it! The workers are always dressed in medieval gowns and such. So interesting

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a wealth of info there. I don't bother with the articles anymore, but it always amazes me how many pagans there are around me! Sometimes I feel like the only one, but obviously I'm not!

I'm not with a group right now. Did the coven thing a few years back, it wasn't quite right for me. But I do miss the sense of community, yes. Would love to go to a big open ritual again one of these days...

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't openly even discuss alternative religions in my situation because our son is actually hubby's with another woman and she'd bring up anything to get my husband to lose his share of custody. She does everything she can now.

She even told the mediator that she should have him every Easter because she goes to sunrise service--our son doesn't even know who Jesus is. I'm trying to teach him all the good stuff from each of the religions I've studied. My idea is to let him know what's out there and let him choose when he's old enough to do so.

SHE, however, only thinks of herself and will do anything to screw anybody if she thinks she's going to benefit. I have such a hard time backing off, but I believe in the law of three so I do what I can to avoid her.

I would love to have others around here where I could discuss this, but I think it would do more harm than good because of the silly custody battle.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was cool!! If my boss wasn't the ring leader of the zealots I'd post that on the lunch room bulletin board

We are forbidden to have any visible tattoos, odd hairstyles ( I was going to put a few blue streaks in my black hair) or piercings at my workplace. If I came in to work with my nose pierced for example, I'd be fired on the spot. I'm going to take the chance that my future tongue piercing won't be dicovered by the brass

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sue- there is a big Pagan festival planned for some time in August about an hour away from where I live. Everyone brings tents, there are workshops during the day and bonfires and rituals at night. Due to my work schedual I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go.

My friend went last year and she loved it. She said the ancient songs they sing around the fire at night are so powerful is has many in tears. THIS is the kind of community I'm craving

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family took it pretty well. My mom was alittle dissappointed, but now she understands. If I ever have kids I want to teach them about all religons and let them make up there mind. My hubby and I didn't really know what wiccan or even pagan was. But I stumbled on to it and relized that was all the stuff we beleave anyway. it is nice knowing that the faith i pick fits me and i'm not just a religion because my parents were.

jmvito

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I avoid debates on religion when being personally attacked about my beliefs. The time to debate is not when I'm in the lion's den.

When confronted by zealots, I simply say, "The last time I checked, this land that I stand upon is called America. And unless something changed during the night, freedom of religion is still the foundation of America, and thus my birth-right." This usually quiets people down.

jenk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While I'm not actually Wiccan (I'm Gnostic), I've studied Paganism, and Wicca in particular, quite thoroughly in search of my rightful path. Truth be known, Gnosticism has a LOT in common with Paganism, so I consider myself semi-Pagan, as well.

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Greetings all!

I didn't realize there were this many of us here! I feel right at home!

My Craft Name is Sylent Rayne, and I've been Pagan for years! I never really studied Witchcraft until a month or so ago, but I have found my calling.

I'm an Eclectic Witch with Wiccan and Celtic Influences.

Blessings,
Rayne

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PA And vicinity Pagans:

Lancaster Pa Pagan Pride September 6,2003 from 11am-6pm.
To be held in the Lancaster County Central Park, pavilions 2 and 3. Admission is a non perishable food item for a local food bank.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a Chrisitan....and believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but what I like about TCS is that we can all have different beliefs on things...including religion, and still like each other and respect each other as people. I think it is great that noone comes in here and flames anyone for how they believe. We all have a right to speak our minds here about our beliefs...be they religious or not, and we still respect each other.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby, that's one of the things that made me make TCS my home.
I don't generally tell people my beliefs just because I don't want to be converted, chastized or told I'm going to hell. None of that happened here, although I know there are Christians who are very strong in their faith here. That impressed me a lot.

Welcome Rayne!

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to inform you all that I have created a Yahoo group that is about discussing topics that affects you in your everyday life.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Everyday_Pagan/

Greetings and Merry Meet!

I created this group for those who wish to get away from the drag of a long day. Though mainly pagan, this group is open to all. Everyday Pagan is not meant as a spell group, or as a religious debate group. If a spell is needed, we will direct you on where to find one, or offer to help off-list. Share your thoughts, your life worries, your smiles and break-downs. Need to rest? You are welcome here! We will do our best to help you out when in need.

Blessed Be,
Rev. Sylent Rayne