Get OFF!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One trick I learned while living with a particularly unruly cat was having some boxes around for him to destroy. Just free boxes from the grocer or my work.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine gets tissue paper and assorted small toys to play with in his box.plus he gets a seasonal
Cat house scratcher. I change out the box/tub/jumbo bag every month.

if they used to be outside then a catio of an hour outside everyday in a harness is probably your best bet.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine gets tissue paper and assorted small toys to play with in his box.plus he gets a seasonal
Cat house scratcher. I change out the box/tub/jumbo bag every month.

if they used to be outside then a catio of an hour outside everyday in a harness is probably your best bet.
And they don't bite up the paper? My cats put everything in their mouths. I constantly wash their plush fabric toys because they are always wet with saliva.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And they don't bite up the paper? My cats put everything in their mouths. I constantly wash their plush fabric toys because they are always wet with saliva.
Their mouths are their hands, so likely they will bite the paper. As long as they are swallowing it, it's pretty safe. I give craft paper to Magnus. We buy big rolls as they are more inexpensive than sheets. He's basically tears big pieces off like tearing the sheet in half or I find teeth marks mid paper. I just recycle it after a few days.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"They" actually make tissue paper impregnated with silver vine. It is entirely chewable (tissue rarely causes severe gastric issues, it just kinda melts away), rollable, shreddable, and drag-it-all-over-the-houseable. Do not ask me how I know this.