Germs from Neighbouring Cats?

shesgonestella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This may be me overreacting but I’m nervous because my littlest girl is only 12 weeks and hasn’t had all her vaccinations.
Had my bedroom window open for a little bit to get some air in before bed. Went upstairs about 10 mins later and closed it. The cats followed me and were VERY interested in a patch at the end of my bed, sniffing and licking. I smelled myself and it does have a smell but not really a typical urine smell? Anyway, a few minutes later I heard hissing, and they’d noticed another cat on the other side of the window.
I assume he’s been briefly inside and sprayed or marked my bed in some way. There is a VERY faint mark but only very light and small. Is it concerning that they licked it? I sprayed Feliway to distract from it and changed my sheets. Any help would be appreciated! I’m a v neurotic kitten parent

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
not really a typical urine smell
It might not be, depending on the health of the cat.

Did your tiny one come in the room? I would keep an eye out with all of them for scratching (fleas) and if you can get a window screen that would give you a little more flexibility for air :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shesgonestella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It might not be, depending on the health of the cat.

Did your tiny one come in the room? I would keep an eye out with all of them for scratching (fleas) and if you can get a window screen that would give you a little more flexibility for air :)
Not while he was there, but she licked the spot where I think he’d been. Definitely think I need a window screen!