Gently Baked Beef Heart As Treats

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was thinking if i should post this to raw/home made but decided it should be OK here. I'm talking about home made but it's treats not food, so no need to worried about complete/balance.
I bought sliced beef heart from grocery stores, chopped to smaller pieces, baked at 450F for 3-5 min in my toast oven (cleaning is another story...) and froze in a small sealed container. I did thaw it at room temperature before feeding. Vega is crazy about it!
This is my new treat idea :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking if i should post this to raw/home made but decided it should be OK here. I'm talking about home made but it's treats not food, so no need to worried about complete/balance.
I bought sliced beef heart from grocery stores, chopped to smaller pieces, baked at 450F for 3-5 min in my toast oven (cleaning is another story...) and froze in a small sealed container. I did thaw it at room temperature before feeding. Vega is crazy about it!
This is my new treat idea :)
That's a good idea. I may try that on the kids. I bet they would like calf liver done the same way.

Was it that much of a pain to clean the tray?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a good idea. I may try that on the kids. I bet they would like calf liver done the same way.

Was it that much of a pain to clean the tray?
No, but your toast would have a little extra flavor.
I also tried kidney and liver, which Vega didn't like and it's the kidney causing trouble cleaning ;)