Gender of my cat

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get the cat from a shelter? Looks like possibly a neutered male but the vet at his first vet appointment to get him established and checked out will be able to tell you for sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lexcfoodie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you get the cat from a shelter? Looks like possibly a neutered male but the vet at his first vet appointment to get him established and checked out will be able to tell you for sure
We found him in the middle of the woods actually, we assumed he used to be owned but in his condition we didn’t wanna leave him

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found him in the middle of the woods actually, we assumed he used to be owned but in his condition we didn’t wanna leave him
He very well may be someone's pet.. is he friendly or skittish? If friendly he could have gotten out and someone may be looking for him. I say this because I know on here there have been cats that have gotten out for weeks to months some have been found some not.. so if I were you I would take him to the vet or shelter to have him scanned for a microchip just in case someone is missing him and looking for him. I think it is amazing you guys took him in. At least he doesn't have to be in the cruel outside world now but I would recommend at least having him scanned to see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lexcfoodie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He very well may be someone's pet.. is he friendly or skittish? If friendly he could have gotten out and someone may be looking for him. I say this because I know on here there have been cats that have gotten out for weeks to months some have been found some not.. so if I were you I would take him to the vet or shelter to have him scanned for a microchip just in case someone is missing him and looking for him. I think it is amazing you guys took him in. At least he doesn't have to be in the cruel outside world now but I would recommend at least having him scanned to see.
I am taking him to the vet soon, but I did find him in a pretty awful condition. And he was very skittish when we found him at first

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am taking him to the vet soon, but I did find him in a pretty awful condition. And he was very skittish when we found him at first
Poor little guy. Thank you for taking this lovely little one in. I know one personally on here her cat had gotten out and she spent months looking for her flyers checking shelters and posting on social media until she had to move. She would get "possible sightings" but never actually found her unfortunately her and her other cat were devastated as the other cat and the one who got out were very close. This is why I say even though he may have been in bad condition to go ahead and check. I hope this makes sense. Again I thank you guys so very much for bringing him. Please keep us posted on what you find out at the vet. He is a lucky little one to have found someone who took him in for sure.