Gave up Marble Cake

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
. Sadly we had to rehome Marble Cake
[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]. We had him only a day or two and my hubby nearly had an asthma attack. When we had brought him home in the car I noticed my allergy was worse than with Mittens in fact Mittens hardly bothers me or my husband but Marble Cake had a severe reaction on my husband. [/color]

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]We found him an excellant home with a man and his daughter that lost their kitten on xmas day. He had run out the door and got hit by a car. So it is a happy ending anyway.I dont like to let an animal go but sometimes our health is more important.I was not going to risk my husbands health. Maybe my own but not his.[/color]

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]We are on the search for another kitten at the humane so we can be around it and find out if there is a reaction. Looking at the grey coats as Mittens is grey and white. Maybe something about that color works better for us.[/color]

Last edited:

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
don´t feel bad about it...:alright: Hi...:wavey: thanks for share your feelings here!...:hugs:

...I want to remark you something...you did well in looking for a good home for the kitty!..:bigthumb: I want to advise you that keep an eye over the new owner, help to her with advices and whatever you think is important for a good introduction in their new home..:)

Why you don´t invite at that person to belong to TCS?..:idea: maybe this man could to meet another people and maybe can have more data about the Behaviour and other stuffs of the kittys!...:catguy:

feel free to PM to any mod or advisor if you need more advices at about....:)

Kindly your Social Director.

:catguy:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if it was the "shelter" smell on the cat that bothered your husband, if he had no issues with Mittens? I find if I walk into the shelter, I get congested with the cats there.. but cats in homes don't bother me at all.

I am sorry you had to give her up :( But I am glad you found a good home!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Cool Cat and Draco for your replies.We wiped him down same as we did with Mittens upon bringing him home . Dont know why he had this reaction. He is a totally different color than Mittens.I have read some colors of cats bother allergies more than others but not sure if that is true.I gave the man lots of info in writing and some of the food he was on . Since they had a kitten I assume he must be familiar with them.He will certainly be more careful about doors this time around I am sure.

Elinor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Cool Cat

Thankyou very much

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder sometimes if there is just something about some color cats that sets people with allergies off and not others.

The only cat I ever had a reaction to was my sister's cat, that was all black.  It's coat was very sleek and kind of greasy to the touch - not dirty, it was just the consistency of it's fur.  The moment I would walk in her house I was wheezing.  I once had to spend the night there and felt my lungs blocking up by the next day.

I've never had that reaction to any other cat.  Maybe it had nothing to do with it being black, but when looking for our second kitty, I did steer away from an all black one (much as I like them) just in case.  The one we adopted has a lot of black in her, but enough other colors mixed in (tortoiseshell) that I wasn't concerned.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know that color has anything to do with it. Just as some cats shed more than other, some cats seem to have different dander than others. I'm allergic to siamese cats but no other breed that I've ever come across.

Glad you were able to find him a new home so quickly.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Different colours have different textures and shedding due to their genetic makeup.  A moggie will always be a mixed bag along with that, with such variations in coat density, shedding and texture.